Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt blocks

Blog Entries

quilt blocks

the hardest part of quilting for me is............deciding what quilt I am going o do next...........there r so many..........what is everyones favorite quilt block to make...........

Power Poster
    I have lots of quilts in my idea file and I flip through it when I get stuck but it rarely happens. Currently I am collecting fabrics for a Candy Jar quilt. I have the pattern Labyrinth Walk and am looking for fabrics. Those are quilts I want to do AFTER I finish a couple of quilts I am working on.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I love searching for the pattern and fabric to make a new quilt. My favorite pattern is Yellow Brick Road. As for favorite block, star blocks are my favorite. I also love applique!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I've done Log Cabin a few times, and Boxed Squares. Many times I make up my own.
    Anne L. Fulton

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake.

After doing a few traditional quilts while learning to quilt in 1996, my go to favorites now are floral appliques. I have a binder full of patterns waiting for me.

My next quilt to make will be the Snake River, then I have the Mystic Nights Bargello from Keepsake Quilting I can't wait to start!!

I am new to quilting and can't easily get all the pointy triangles to be really pointy AND match up ... but I can sew curved seams till the cows come home. I made a couple fan blocks the other day. What fun! I can see using fans a million different ways -- elegant, scrappy, quiet, colorful, all over a quilt, just in the corners for accents ....

Blog Entries
    Any thing with a gazillion HST in it like Path Through the Woods and Ocean Waves, then there is the Drunkards Path and my newest favorite the Dresden Plate.
    I love to make Ohio Stars too.
    The list goes on and on.
    There are many blocks that I haven't tried yet
    peace

EDIT: If you like curved piecing you will have to try a New York Beauty or Crown of Thorns. They are magnificent patterns
    Last edited by ube quilting; 04-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    I have made more star-type blocks than anything thing else and still love them.
    Joyce