Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Quilt Board Name Block Quilt

  1. #1
    judyjudyjudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    81
    This is a new thread that is related to the thread below:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-151455-8.htm#4163543

    go to the link above so you can catch up on the discussion.

    This topic is for those interested in contributing a "board name block" to be a part of a quilt. It has been suggested that the resulting quilt/s be charity quilt.

  2. #2
    Senior Member olebat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    809
    Blog Entries
    10
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble to make a block for a charity quilt per say. We've all read about the lack of gratitude some charitable donations receive. However, if it were auctioned, and the money went to a good cause, that would be fine, because the person buying the quilt would bid because they really wanted it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member gigi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble to make a block for a charity quilt per say. We've all read about the lack of gratitude some charitable donations receive. However, if it were auctioned, and the money went to a good cause, that would be fine, because the person buying the quilt would bid because they really wanted it.
    I like this. 12 " finished, Anything with fabric, $5.00 sent with the block........We give magazines an chance to publish it, then auction it as it would have more exposure. Due Date? I am in.

  4. #4
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,448
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi10
    Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble to make a block for a charity quilt per say. We've all read about the lack of gratitude some charitable donations receive. However, if it were auctioned, and the money went to a good cause, that would be fine, because the person buying the quilt would bid because they really wanted it.
    I like this. 12 " finished, Anything with fabric, $5.00 sent with the block........We give magazines an chance to publish it, then auction it as it would have more exposure. Due Date? I am in.
    I am confused, I thought there was a rule against asking for money.

  5. #5
    Senior Member gigi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    826
    I volunteered it.....

  6. #6
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,448
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi10
    I volunteered it.....
    Okay, I thought you meant each block was supposed to come with 5 dollars. Now it makes sense.

  7. #7
    Super Member MaryAnnMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Posts
    1,662
    When does it need to be done?

  8. #8
    Senior Member olebat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    809
    Blog Entries
    10
    Because we're beginning to hit the holiday season, and some of us might, I say, just might get busy, why don't we set a spring time date to send in the blocks. gigi10, are you volunteering to assemble? I suppose, you'll need to PM everyone who is in to provide an address. Also, the new plan will need to be approved before we set anything firm.

  9. #9
    judyjudyjudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    81
    in the new plan, will we be allowed to send $5. with our block if we want to help with the batting/backing? it could be an option, but not required.

  10. #10
    Senior Member olebat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    809
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by judyjudyjudy
    in the new plan, will we be allowed to send $5. with our block if we want to help with the batting/backing? it could be an option, but not required.
    That may be a suggested donation. But even a suggested donation will need to be cleared with da boss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.