Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Board Name Block Quilt

This is a new thread that is related to the thread below:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-151455-8.htm#4163543

go to the link above so you can catch up on the discussion.

This topic is for those interested in contributing a "board name block" to be a part of a quilt. It has been suggested that the resulting quilt/s be charity quilt.

Blog Entries
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble to make a block for a charity quilt per say. We've all read about the lack of gratitude some charitable donations receive. However, if it were auctioned, and the money went to a good cause, that would be fine, because the person buying the quilt would bid because they really wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble to make a block for a charity quilt per say. We've all read about the lack of gratitude some charitable donations receive. However, if it were auctioned, and the money went to a good cause, that would be fine, because the person buying the quilt would bid because they really wanted it.
    I like this. 12 " finished, Anything with fabric, $5.00 sent with the block........We give magazines an chance to publish it, then auction it as it would have more exposure. Due Date? I am in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi10
    Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    I like this. 12 " finished, Anything with fabric, $5.00 sent with the block........We give magazines an chance to publish it, then auction it as it would have more exposure. Due Date? I am in.
    I am confused, I thought there was a rule against asking for money.

I volunteered it.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi10
    I volunteered it.....
    Okay, I thought you meant each block was supposed to come with 5 dollars. Now it makes sense.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    When does it need to be done?

Blog Entries
    Because we're beginning to hit the holiday season, and some of us might, I say, just might get busy, why don't we set a spring time date to send in the blocks. gigi10, are you volunteering to assemble? I suppose, you'll need to PM everyone who is in to provide an address. Also, the new plan will need to be approved before we set anything firm.

in the new plan, will we be allowed to send $5. with our block if we want to help with the batting/backing? it could be an option, but not required.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judyjudyjudy
    in the new plan, will we be allowed to send $5. with our block if we want to help with the batting/backing? it could be an option, but not required.
    That may be a suggested donation. But even a suggested donation will need to be cleared with da boss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast