Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt book on kindle >

quilt book on kindle

quilt book on kindle

Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Will be looking for your answers. Interesting topic.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM

I have been wondering about this as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM

You are going to need a wireless printer. Just make sure your wi-fi ipad, nook or kindle can be found by your router that is connected to your computer.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM

I am not fully familiar with the Kindle or Nook but I have my digital books on my iPad. When I am reading my books if there is a page I want to print it gives me option to email that page to myself then I can print it from my computer.
If you don't have the option of email then download adobe digital edition for free at adobe.com. You can open almost any ebook with this program and while reading the book on your computer you will have the option to print the page or the entire document.
I don't even buy the paper books anymore because the digits are so much easier to store. In fact I have begun the process of digitizing all of my patterns and I view them on the iPad. The only thing I need to print are templates if they come with the pattern.
I love the digitals!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 PM

Oh I forgot to add that when printing via adobe when you enter your print screen it will have a section called 'scaling' make sure you have that set to none. If it is set to "shrink to fit' then your templats or patterns may not be the exact size they are supposed to be.
Also if you have the full version of adobe PDF then you can use that instead of adobe digital edition.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Banned

Okay, I mentioned this earlier in this post, but it seems to have been overlooked. With the Nook, yes, you can download an app that lets you read anything you have on your Nook on your computer as well. This also allows you to print from your computer anything you have on your Nook. Can you do this with a Kindle? I don't know, but it would be easy enough to research and find out.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:48 AM

Hi,
You can put a Kindle app on your regular computer, and they all sync with the books you buy, so you can see them all on your computer, too. It is handy. I have it on my PC, my Macbook and my I=Phone. Go to Amazon and check it out,
Nancy
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 AM

I just looked up Quilting magazines on Amazon for Kindle. Not alot to choose from, in fact Fons and Porter was the only mag I found and it wasn't real clear if you could get a kindle version. I did download a sample page from a book called simple 12 x 12 blocks and that showed up on my kindle without a problem. My problem is that I have the 3g version which isn't in color. I use it just for reading books. If they start putting out mags in Kindle version I'll have to upgreade to a fire I guess.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM

They have something called cloud Print. Not sure if it will work but I noticed it on the Kindle site and I have used it with my Droid and it works great.

Be sure to let us know.

Diane
Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 AM

Transfer the book from the Kindle to the computer. Print from the computer. So far as I know wifi doesn't work from Kindle to the printer. (While the book is on the computer it will not be on the Kindle.) Hope this helps.