Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: This quilt broke my heart!

What a sweetheart you are! God bless you & that lady too. Merry Christmas.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

What a wonderful thing you are doing for her. It will be treasured I'm sure.

What a wonderful gift. It is what Christmas should be about and sometimes isn't. I can see how hard it would of been to cut up all the clothes but after knowing the story of the blanket all I can says is WOW!
    Life is good when you make time for family and friends and of course quilting!

Kathy Sinclair

Blog Entries
    Thank you for doing it.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

wandatn: When my daughter lost her second child an hour after he was born I did everything I could think of to help her cope. Kubler-Ross said parents who lose children heal faster if they interact as much as possible with the experience. One of the things my daughter did was to take her first son's quilt (made by a dear friend) and have her baby wrapped in it, because it was such a perfect symbol of love. To have your sister hold on to the quilt is not surprising. To wrap her in it when she was buried is so powerful! Blessings on you and yours!

Bless your heart for undertaking this project. You can truly say you put your heart and soul into it.

Blog Entries
    Both of the quilt stories on this thread have tears pouring out of my eyes. The hearts of quilters are sooooooooooooooooo big!

My children's father died last year. I told them to save his jeans and shirts and I would make them quilts. Well, they sold them in a yard sale. I'm just waiting til it hits them that they should have listened.
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Wow! I would love to see a picture or at least know what pattern you used. My husband passed away when our girls were 9mos old. they are 4 yrs now and i have a nylon barrel full if his t-shirts which is almost all he wore and when i sit down to make quilts for them I want something other than the standard t-shirt pattern . His work shirts were used to make teddy bears ( by someone else) for them, my Mother in law, and myself. Thank you for sharing this story.

What a blessing you are. I can't wait to see what it looks like, if you choose to share a picture. I cannot imagine what either of you have gone through to make it. You for knowing that it means so much to this mother and her for giving up the clothing of her children and the quilt of her child that passed away. Remarkable.
    Angie S.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast