Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt cut 2

I've read some about these and since my B'day is comming up my hubby says he wants to get me one. Should I or shouldn't. IAre they really helpful? I love sewing quilts but hate the cutting out. Do they do a really accurate job? any input will be most helpful as I need to strike while the iron is hot, Thanks in advance.

i

I have had mine for about 13 years. I have gone through 3 cutting mats and an upgrade. I have a hard time cutting without it. It makes everything so easy and there wasn't much of a learning curve. It was very intuitive to learn. Right out of the box I cut 25 hexagon blocks. I was making flowers out the hexi's and needed 7 per block. I had them cut in about 10 minutes. I highly recommend it. I have read on here where people have had trouble with accuracy in cutting but I never have.

congrats on b day present

Blog Entries
    I have one and love it, it makes cutting several small pieces a breeze, like you can cut 60 diamonds in 3/4 minutes. I have not had a problem with the a curacy either, I think it's a great tool