Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt in a Day

Blog Entries
    Last night I went to our Library book sale and found a copy of Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day "Delectable Mountains Quilt" - it looks new and included the delectable mountains ruler. Has anyone ever made this quilt pattern and is it really "quilt in a day"? I'm anxious to try it as it doesn't look too complicated once I read the instructions five times.

That's a great old pattern. I haven't used her method, but working pairs of squares and re-arranging lights and darks, it does go fast. I've gotten tops done in a day, never a whole quilt.

Blog Entries
    I have the pattern but yet to make one. one day!!!

I made a sunbonnet sue quilti n a weekend, but I've never gotten a whole quilt done in a day. Have a great day, HUggies, Fay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    I have the pattern but yet to make one. one day!!!
    Me too!!!

My sister has, she is at work so won't be able to answer until later this evening. I will leave an email for her.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    "Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.

If you look at her website, you may be able to find the DVD to go with the pattern to make it even easier. Her methods are great!

I watched her tutorial on quilt tv and she made it look so easy that even I could do it, but actually doing it is another matter.

No, it's not a myth, if you are talking about making a quilt top. I pieced a card trick quilt from an Eleanor Burns book and starting with yardage, I cut and piece the top, including blocks and borders. And I took bathroom breaks and ate lunch and dinner, too. Of course, I was at a retreat, so didn't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, husband or kids.

Of course, now that I'm an empty nester, I don't have to stop for kids, and my DH never bothers me when I'm at my machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
    "Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast