Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Design Wizard

I just got Quilt Design Wizard and I think I really like it but when I go to print the rotary cutting instructions it does just that. Iím not complaining Ė just wondering if the other EQ programs do the same or if they give you easy piecing help. It tells me how big to cut each piece but does not really explain the best way to put it together. Maybe I am just spoiled by the Eleanor Burns shows I have watched :-D

EQ does not give piecing instructions. I don't know of any programs that do. Even some patterns don't have clear instructions.

Blog Entries
    No piecing instructions, unless you are doing PP and then they do print out the numbers (order) you piece the blocks. :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I found the same....cutting but no piecing instructions. I guess they ASSUME we know what we are doing!! LOL Not always a good assumption, but we can usually figure out or come here to ask for help!! :-)

So with this software can you scan in your fabrics?

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    So with this software can you scan in your fabrics?
    No not with this software. This was the really basic beginner stuff. It was only $30.00 and with a coupon only $15. The good stuff is closer to 200.00. My husband wanted to get me EQ7, but I was not ready to spend that much. If I work with this one enough - maybe next year I will upgrade.

It is really nice - and fun to work with.

Blog Entries
    I just purchased the quilt wizard so i don't have any suggestions. I've only used mine today.

I've thought about getting the Quilt Wizard. Right now I just use graph paper and colored pencils. Does it let you design a quilt and color it? Can you print out a picture of your design? I can figure out how much fabric I need and how to cut and piece it, but I would like to have a better picture than I do myself someday.

Try calling Electric Quilt. They are the makers of Quilt Wizard. They also have Sew Precise and Block Base. Block Base is more expensive. EQ will help you decide which product you want.

ali