Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Frame? Building Your Own?

OK there is this pattern you can buy from Richard where you can build your own frame.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resquib3/id9.html

Has anyone ever done this and what sort of a machine have you used on it.

My husband used to be a builder so I know he can build me a frame, the pattern is around $19. I just want to know if this is worth it and would be a nice alternative to a financially strapped person who cant afford a long arm machine and frame at this time.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Search for threads started by MollieSue. Her husband built her a frame she seems to enjoy. I know nothing about frames, so I can't say if it's what you are looking for but it's a starting place.

I read her threads and they were not much help as I am looking for a big frame size that I can turn around and put a long arm on it eventually.

Blog Entries
    I have this frame. My husband built it for me last year. I have a Janome 1600p on it. I love this frame but I do not believe a long-arm will not fit on it. I have a section devoted to the frame on my blog. Feel free to take a look. I'll have to measure, but I think there is only about 14 inches of space between the take-up roller (under the sewing machine throat) and the middle roller. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop1
    I have this frame. My husband built it for me last year. I have a Janome 1600p on it. I love this frame but I do not believe a long-arm will not fit on it. I have a section devoted to the frame on my blog. Feel free to take a look. I'll have to measure, but I think there is only about 14 inches of space between the take-up roller (under the sewing machine throat) and the middle roller. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    PS. If your husband is a builder, maybe he can alter this pattern to eventually accommodate a long-arm.....

Great thanks, I was thinking of just getting a nicer machine than that i have not necessarily a long arm. How much was your Janome?

I gave around 1200 for my Janome p-qc. I got the FMQ and walking feet too. It has the best addition: IT WILL NOT SEW IF YOUR FOOT IS UP! If you have sewn at all, I am pretty sure this has happened at least once to you. It is a life saver when free motion quilting because i will get up and take a break and forget where I am. If I leave the foot up at least it wont sew and add a little nest to the back.

Blog Entries
    I was unable to view...could you post a picture? I would love to see what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkbrand
    OK there is this pattern you can buy from Richard where you can build your own frame.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resquib3/id9.html

Has anyone ever done this and what sort of a machine have you used on it.

My husband used to be a builder so I know he can build me a frame, the pattern is around $19. I just want to know if this is worth it and would be a nice alternative to a financially strapped person who cant afford a long arm machine and frame at this time.

Blog Entries
    I posted some photos on my blog. Go to: http://hulahoop1.blogspot.com/search.../Quilt%20Frame

Blog Entries
    I was on your site...Wow your hubby did a wonderful job!!! Now that you have had it for a few years how are you liking it??
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop1
    I posted some photos on my blog. Go to: http://hulahoop1.blogspot.com/search.../Quilt%20Frame

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast