Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt giving size?

Banned
    Pretty much all my quilts I've given away and I prefer to make the lap quilts so they can drape them over the couch and snuggle with them when they're chilly. What sizes do you prefer to give?

I like making lap quilts too. I make baby quilts for all the new babies that are about 48X60. They are a good size for throwing on the floor to play on, then, as they grow, they are good snuggle size for toddlers. For adults I like to make throws that are about 60X75.

The only quilts I have given away have been baby quilts. I make bed size quilts for my family.

Baby quilts I make are aprox 40 X 40 and I give quilts that are 60 X 70 mostly. Everyone seems to be happy with this size.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    It depends on what I know they will be using it for. I made a king size for my aunt because she has been wanting one for her bed. She has a queen bed, but I prefer to have the quilt bigger so that it hangs nicely over the sides.

I am making a queen size for my cousin because she also wants it for on her bed.

Gifts I tend to make either a throw or twin size. I don't want to put all the time and effort into something large if they won't be using it for a bed. Throws are really good gifts.

I'm going to be making 2 wall-hanging sizes for teacher gifts. A nice token of appreciation but not super-expensive.

Most of mine were king and queen sizes. Now that I have grand children I make twin and full.

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Most of mine are Queen size except for kids quilts which are about 50 by 60 . Some have been king for our own bed. I made full size for all our children when they left for college to take with them. Just have started making some wall hangings this year.