Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt group project name >

quilt group project name

quilt group project name

Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
Project Snowflake

They are all amde of the same fabric but sticthed different ... like snowflakes all made of snow but no 2 are the same.
Cute!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Sierra Snowflakes? Sierra Peacemakers? Welcome to the QuiltingBoard.com It is nice to have "homies" on the board.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

A Hug for You!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM

Your group is awesome. I like the idea of what your are all doing. The Quilt Guild I belong to does something similar. We do not have a Guild meeting in December. So in November, we have a supper together at a place we reserve for our group. We then have a short meeting after the supper. We call this our Holiday gathering. We do not do any kind of gift exchange with each other. Instead, we are all to bring a small quilt and then we do "Show and Tell" to show all the quilts that were brought. We then donate all these quilts to the local Family Services Center so they can use them to give to people in need. We are to bring small quilts (meant for young kids) but I always take one that is bigger because I know of one family who once was in need and were given quilts, but their was a teenager and there really were no appropriate sized quilts for her. So I always think of that and I always make a bigger sized quilt (what's just a little more $ to make the quilt bigger). I lived in a town in MN where a tornado came through our part of town in 2000. All the kids in the families affected were given quilts from the Red Cross. My children happened to be in elementary att eh time but there were many teenagers affected and I' 'm sure they wouldn't really appreciate a little crib size quilt. I am forever grateful to the Red Cross for all they did for us right after the tornado so I am now a gracious contributor to those in need.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:57 AM

That is so wonderful what you do and what an awesome blessing it is to those kids. I also like to make quilts a little bigger. Do you think 50 x 60 is a good size. That's about what I do.

Our group donates about 60 quilts a year to local children and families in need. Plus we sponsor about 4 families at Christmas and Bless their socks off with quilts, clothes and toys!!!

I love being a part of a group that is so caring and generous. We are all like sisters.

Last edited by fallonquilter; 04-20-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spellling
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM

We liked your idea the best- Thanks so much for the cute name. All the material is purchased and we are ready to start on our quilts for Project Snowflake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!