Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt guild >

quilt guild

quilt guild

Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 AM

Well, I finally mde it to the mountains! I went into town Tuesday nite (we live 16 miles from town) for the quilt guild meeting. I wanted to go sooner, but it seems that we had snow predicted on the nights that the meetings were held. Anyway, these ladies are some of the nicest people that I have ever met! So many of them made a point of coming over to welcome me and tell me how glad they were to have me there. Now I am sure there are nice people like this all over the place, but I haven't run into that many in one place before. They have meetings once a month and a sewing day once a month. Not necessarily to work on things on their agenda but to work on any project of your chosing. I just have to get organized and find one of a zillion UFO's to take with me and work on it. That will be hard if you could see the upstairs right now. Its a huge mess b/c hubby is running electrical outlets up there for me to plug in irons, sewing machines, lamps, etc. There were none up there before. And it involved ripping up floor boards and such. A HUGE mess!
But I am VERY excited.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 AM

Vicki ~ Where in the mountains did you move? I live in the Piedmont, down around Charlotte. We have always joked that when it's time for retirement , you'll find me in the mountains and my DH at the beach :D

PQ
Rebecca
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 AM

Vicki--your avatars was one of the first I saw when I joined the board. Your pictured of your house always looked so inviting. (my DH even noticed it!!) I also always noted your "signature" too, "I would rather be in the mountains quilting away." I am just so delighted for you!

Within the last six months, we moved as well to our "mountains" as well(although it's only 2600 feet), I retired and had a similiar experience with the local quilt guild here. Isn't it fun? I'm lovin' every minute of it!

Joan
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I am so happy for you Vicki!!!!! You are up in the mountains, will have a great sewing room AND a wonderful guild....does life get any better than this???? :D :D :D
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM

We live in a teeny tiny community called Beelog. It is in Yancey County just outside of Burnsville, NC. The closet big city is Asheville which is 38 miles away. It is 16 miles to town, but with the curvy road, you have to go no more than 40 mph, so it takes a while to get there. Its not bad during the day, because the scenery is so pretty--the road follows the Cane River almost the whole way.
Beelog boasts of the smallest school in NC. It has 61 students and 10 teachers for k thru 5th (I believe). Not all students are lucky enough to have those numbers, especially a public school. The older children are bused into town for school everyday.

(It sounds so good to finally say "we live" instead of "we hope to move to..."! :lol: