Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt label

I have just finished my quilt for my granddaughter and I have made a label for it. Does it matter where on the back of the quilt that I sew it? I have never put a label on any of my quilts but I will begin putting them on. Also, I will go back and try to figure out what year I have made all my other quilts and label them.

Yup, if there's one thing we're passionate about here, it's labels. Doesn't matter where you put the label - some people even like to put it on the front of their quilts but most put it on the back either on the right- or left-hand bottom corner. But then again, I've seen them on the top corners and also smack in the middle. It's your quilt and wherever you want to put your label is just fine.
    By the way, welcome to the board!

I sew mine in the bottom of a corner while sewing the binding on. This way I have 2 sides that are aldready sewn down and only 2 to sew by hand. also if your quilt is stolen the person would have to take the binding off and redo. Sometimes I add the label to the backing fabric when piecing the backing together, again harder to remove if it should get "misplaced".

Quote Originally Posted by harvsstuff
    I sew mine in the bottom of a corner while sewing the binding on. This way I have 2 sides that are aldready sewn down and only 2 to sew by hand. also if your quilt is stolen the person would have to take the binding off and redo. Sometimes I add the label to the backing fabric when piecing the backing together, again harder to remove if it should get "misplaced".
    I also sew mine in binding in lower right corner

Thank you for your ideas.

Thank you so much for your timely reply.

My next quilt will probably have the label attached in the binding. Simple little things make all the difference in the world. Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by harvsstuff
    Me too!!!

Blog Entries
    I never used a label. I lightly pencil my signature and date then embroider.

Another good idea. The only problem with me is that my penmanship is pretty terrible. I don't know if anyone could accurately read the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast