Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: quilt ladder - happy!

quilt ladder - happy!

I have been asking my husband for this type ladder for over a year. Finally on a recent vacation I showed him something similar in a quilt shop and he understood what I was asking for. (The drawings, online examples, descriptive words didn't do it, I guess.) That trip was over on June 15 so finally on July 24 it's up and in place. Love it! The space it fills had an ancient short bookcase that was full of grandkid toys and books. THey are now in a bedroom and ... well, now, .... my couch looks really old and dated. Oh well! Still happy! The bookcase has been moved to my sewing room and I'm cleaning house in there. Joy! Joy! (Before and after pics to follow.)

The quilts - Top one with paintings of flowers made by my husband's mother when she was young. He's 59 and she was in her 30's when he was born so ... over 60 years old and probably over 70.
    Second one: We call it a Texas star - also made by my Mother-in-law when she was young.
    Third: Made by my husband's grandmother so ... older anyway!
    Fourth: a churn dash (?) made by my mother-in-law
    Fifth: Sunbonnet Sue from feed sacks. First quilt made by my mother-in-law when she was 10 or 12. That would make it about 80 years old.
    Bottom one: my grandmother made this for my son when he moved into a Big Boy Bed. She had made exactly the same quilt for his crib. It's made of "bullet proof" polyester. It's 31 years old. (His little boy sleeps under the crib sized one when he stays over here.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    So many quilts, so little time.

Awesome ladder (he did well!!) and awesome collection of quilts. Thanks for sharing.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Very nice quilt ladder and you have a great collection of old quilts to display on it!

That second down is not the one I thought it was - it's not the Texas star. I do see a star shape, but ... what is that thing anyway? Anyone know?

4th down is a Bow Tie not Churn Dash.. They are all beautiful and the display ladder is great!

Looks wonderful! Pretty quilts, too!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Looks great and such great quilts to display. Great quilt ladder.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thank you for the story about each quilt, it was so interesting! He really did a nice job on the ladder!
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm

Bow tie makes a lot more sense - thanks!

Blog Entries
    Awesome quilts!! Just curious.....did you stain, paint, varnish.....the ladder? Was wondering what you used so that it wouldn't hurt the quilts. I am trying to find an old ladder at a sale or have my husband make one.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast