Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Layout Patterns for BOM >

Quilt Layout Patterns for BOM

Quilt Layout Patterns for BOM

Old 02-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Default Quilt Layout Patterns for BOM

Does any of you know of any books that have patterns "designed" specifically for blocks of the month? Our LQS sometimes uses the same layout pattern and I've been looking for a book that has many different way to put your BOM together. Any help/ideas/suggestions would be most sincerely appreciated.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 PM

What you need is a book about settings that has info on making great looking sampler quilts. I find it difficult to find books about settings. I do have a couple including Sensational Settings by Joan Hanson but I'd like more. I did find some great and more unusal settings in Judy Martin's book Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts and did e-mail her thanking her for it and suggesting that she write a book just about settings but I haven't seen it yet!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

I have never seen a book on quilt block settings for BOM. Might be difficult with blocks being of various sizes for different BOM. You might just have to do a lot of searching on Google Images to see if anything different appeals to you.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:36 PM

I have been finding ideas on Pinterest. not patterns....but the idea, and then I do the math.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

For some reason I personally find sampler quilt to be boring, probably because they are too often set the same old way. When I see one with an interesting setting I react positively toward it, so I'm glad you are considering something a bit different.

This google site has some of interest. https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...00.8E0y0TDSWbY
Old 02-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Jan, that is a great search. I have several Sampler quilts I want to do, but I did not want to put them together just any way. This has given me so many ideas. Thanks!!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Here's a link to one of my favorites, "Vintage Memories" by This and That. http://thisandthatpatterns.typepad.c...-memories.html
Old 02-10-2016, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Wonderful book:
http://www.amazon.com/Setting-Soluti...s=sharyn+craig
Ideas for BOMs and also block exchanges where blocks are slightly different sizes or perhaps colors that don't seem to go well. Reasonably priced used copies available.