Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt for man

My DD just told me that her FIL was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Don't know how extensive the treatment will be. I was thinking I might make him a quilt if he has to undergo chemo, radiation, etc. I don't know him very well but know he is a motorcycle and hunting enthusiast so I could pick up one of those themes in a quilt. Do you think making him a quilt would be appropriate?

Of course it would be appropriate, and probably very much appreciated. It's kind of you to think of it.

I wouldn't know why it would not be appropriate?
    .... that being said, only you know the "real" answer to this, according to your DDs and your own association with him.

Blog Entries
    I made a quilt for my brother in law that just finished treatment. The hospital is very cold where treatments are given and it will give him much comfort!

Blog Entries
    I think a guilt would be very nice. Your DD would be the best one to answer how it would be received by this person. What a wonderful thing for you to want to do. Kudos.

Yes will be used in chemo room if they don't provide blankets and at home. Heard that chemo patients sometimes are cold not matter wht the temp is in the house. Go for and it make it a top priotiry.

Blog Entries
    even if he does not need it for treatments, the thoughtfulness would help him feel better

I think it is quite appropriate & thoughtful. I know my friend took the quilt I made her to her chemo treatments. If he doesn't have to have them (my FIL didn't for prostate cancer)I think he will appreciate the gesture of your thoughtfulness.

I think it's appropriate.