Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt-O?

I am going to my first quilting show this year (Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA) and on the schedule it says Quilt-O and that it's a lot of fun, bring your husband, friend, ect.

My question is- is it really fun for non-quilters? What exactly is it? Just wondering if I should bring my non-quilter friend. I don't have any friends who quilt!

Thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    Ok.. I will bite... what is Quilt O ?

Blog Entries
    Like Bingo?

Haha- that is why I posted the topic... I have no idea! Here is what it says online:

Quilt-O
    Thursday, October 14
    7:30 - 9:30 pm

This is the best time you will ever have at a quilt show. Sit with your friends or make new ones and win prizes. Quilt-O has become the evening event everyone is talking about. You get a Quilt-O card and play with M & Mís to fill up your squares. Everyone wins! Bring your sewing buddy, your mom or your husband. Two hours of laughing, fun and wonderful gifts! Sign up now, space is limited. Hosted by Pat Yamin.
    Quilt-O. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $20.00

We play Quilto every September. It's one of our most popular meetings. September is when we ask everyone to pay their $12 yearly dues. It costs $5 to play, if your dues are not paid. The prizes are mostly quilting items and fabric, and we play 3 games with very special prizes.

Sounds fun... how do you play?

I try to take someone crafty or artistic, or a real patient DH, they seem to get the craft better than most. Just my opinion. :) Have Fun !!

Sounds like Bingo to me. Read a post recently in which a woman was talking about playing that game using a 'card' made of fabric squares in different types/styles of fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssa
    Sounds fun... how do you play?
    We use Bingo cards for the regular Quilto games, but for the games with the special prizes, we use our own fabric cards. For the fabric cards, instead of calling out letters and numbers, the caller calls out fabrics (blue metallic, green holiday, yellow star, etc.) Each square must be marked what it is.

The instructions are in the Fons and Porter Sept/Oct 2006 issue.
    You can also download the instructions free, if you are registered at -

http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/fo...r/default.aspx

Click on 'Online Extras' and then 'FREE Designs'. It's at the bottom under 'Other', and is called 'Quilt Guild Bingo'.

Our guild plays Quilt-o at least once a year, usually at the Guild Birthday party or the Christmas party. We usually play three games - make a ring around the center "free" square, then regular bingo (up/down, across, or diagonal), then blackout (all squares must be covered). With our rules, the squares that are covered in the previous games remain covered, which makes the games a little shorter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast