Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt paterns

Smile Quilt paterns

Do you tend to use a quilt pattern only once? Or do you reuse the quilt pattern using different fabrics? I sometimes find making it once is enough and move on to a different one.

Some patterns I use only once. I have one that I have used 5 times. It just depends.

Blog Entries
    I tend to make an item only one time. However, my closest relatives live in 3 different states. So sometimes I make the same thing for each of them
    Nancy in western NY

Sometimes only once but most of the time I will make another one - depends on the pattern and the person its intended for.

I have a couple of go to patterns or techniques that I use for a quick gift or donation if needed. Mostly to use up scraps.

Rarely do I make a pattern more that once. I like to try different patterns and techniques. I have to do that or I will never get even half of the patterns I have collected done. I have 3 notebooks full of quilts I want to make. Wish me luck.
    Sue

With rare exception, all the quilt patterns I buy since I started (in the mid-1990's) I intended to make at least three of (in different colorways). I have a large number of patterns+plus (fabric and pattern), though, half of which I made additional ones from my stash and the other half were used just for the one-shot-wonder.

What, use a pattern... I'm the 'pattern collector' and seem to never find time to actually use the pattern! I have notebooks and files and notebooks and files full of downloaded patterns, too.

Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
    Rarely do I make a pattern more that once. I like to try different patterns and techniques. I have to do that or I will never get even half of the patterns I have collected done. I have 3 notebooks full of quilts I want to make. Wish me luck.
    Sue
    OMG! I thought I was bad having ONE notebook full. Good luck.
    Shirls

The only pattern I've made more than once is Turning Twenty. I've made several quilts for Project Linus using different themed FQs. I also used Turning Twenty surrounding a panel when I wanted to make a Steam Engine quilt for a dear friend's husband, again using the themed fabric.

There are too many patterns I want to try to keep repeating the same pattern all the time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast