Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Patis >

Quilt Patis

Quilt Patis

Old 05-20-2014, 09:11 AM

Default Quilt Patis

I have been wanting to try EPP for a while now, as I'm quite unwell at the moment, and my quilt making is suffering from rarely being able to leave my bed!
I couldn't understand how it worked for ages but have been reading up tutorials so that I know what I'm letting myself in for.
In doing my research I have discovered quilt patis, and I feel like I would get on with them a bit better than the paper versions.
My problem is that I am in the UK and cannot find a single place in the UK that sells them! I have found them available online in some places in the US, but none of them seem to ship to the UK! I have tried emailing to get then directly from the manufacturer but as yet haven't had a response.
Any ideas? I've given myself a huge headache searching and not getting anywhere!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

Well, first I had to Google what they were. From the youtube video, it seems they are plastic reusable hexagons for English piecing. Hopefully the manufacturer will get back to you with a source. I wonder if the GourmetQuilter (quilter/teacher) from the UK might have them in her shop? If all else fails, I would buy some plastic quilt template material and make my own. Of course since you are fiat on your back that may not work for you, sorry.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

I was surprised to see that they are still in business. I bought mine years ago. I Google to see if anyone would ship internationally. You might want to check this store out. I have bought from them online and they promptly shipped my order. They do state they ship internationally.

http://www.tranquilityquilts.com/cgi...productid=7454

I used the size 1" which is the length of one side. Here is a photo of them being used. Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails hexagons.jpg  

Last edited by ManiacQuilter2; 05-20-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

I make my hexes out of manilla card stock and 3/4".
I got the fiskers cutter that size and cut them myself.
try making them yourself. good luck.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Could you call Quilt Patis directly? I'm in the states but I did call once when I wanted to purchase a pattern. You could ask them if they would shop to the UK. In fact, this page even states to contact them in regards to International orders. You could also send them an email. Here is there contact page

http://quiltpati.tripod.com/id12.html
Old 05-20-2014, 03:17 PM

Joann.com sells the June Tailor brand of these:
http://www.joann.com/june-tailor-sim...xagon&start=16

I use them and they are great. They each have a little hole in them and it makes it easier to pop them out with the enclosed stick.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH View Post
Joann.com sells the June Tailor brand of these:
http://www.joann.com/june-tailor-sim...xagon&start=16

I use them and they are great. They each have a little hole in them and it makes it easier to pop them out with the enclosed stick.
How big are these? It doesn't say.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:12 PM

I made my own. I saved every plastic lid that crossed my path, printed the paper templates. I stapled the paper to the plastic lid and cut them out. Used a staple remover to remove the paper, a whole punch to put the holes in the center (or as close as I could get) I have done this with all kinds of shapes and sizes.

Mary
Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 AM

The Gourmet Quilter is from New Zealand.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:55 AM

I have use the plastic templates (Brandy's brand) to make my Grandmother's Flower Garden. I checked on line and found this website below and check their shipping and handling information. They do ship internationally. Hope this helps Brandy's templates are more flexible than the ones that can be purchased ant Joann's. The Brandy templates comes in many sizes. Hope this helps you.

http://www.softexpressions.com/Merch...egory_Code=3my