Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which quilt pattern intimidates you?

What an interesting post!!! Thought I'd never do Dear Jane, but, because of the gals on this site, I'm working right along on it. Haven't posted pics yet as I'm having problems with that Haven't done Mariner's Compass yet, but, will try one day...I plan on PPing those points. Guess I like the challenges and am up for it. Another quilt that I'd like to do someday as I've seen it here is Oh My Gosh...a gajillion pieces I love applique as I find it soothing. Can't wait to see all of the responses

Check out Cheryl Phillips - phillipsfiberart.com - and her cut around rulers. Her directions for doing inset circles are great and these "rulers" let you do circles from 2" to 27". Just did an aboriginal quilt designed by her and used the 27" circle for the first time. Made life easy.

Blog Entries
    I have been making the dunkards path....try using a gluestick. I need to finish my top. Hopfully today..not a lot of fun to make but it is looking good....I am keeping this one since I may not do anotherone,
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee View Post
    Anything with a curved seam, hate them! yes, Ive tried that dumb sewing machine foot specifically designed to "make it easier" does not, still time consuming.

I cannot do paper-piecing. I have tried and just don't get it. LOL So I guess you can say that intimidates me. I am intimidated by bargello but not to the point of not trying it. I am definitely going to make one. I guess the other one that I wouldn't want to try would be the Double Wedding Ring.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Applique scares me. I have no talent for machine applique. I love to hand sew, just need to learn the best way to prepare the pieces. I love to paper piece and can do any pattern with that technique. I did storm at sea for son's wedding, did new york beauty for stepdaughter. Easy a d accurate with pp-ing, thank goodness! THis year, I'm going to tackle a lone star, too. Those diamonds look like a challenge. But maybe starch will save me....?

Blog Entries
    I just paid a bundle for fabric to make the Diamonds Jubilee Bargello. I opened the pattern yesterday and you talk about intimidated, wow. I am cutting the strips but don't have a clue how to piece it.
    Joy

I'm with damaquilts - Dear Jane looks insane to me! And circles aren't so bad, but you have to go S-L-O-W. Applique is SUCH an art that I cannot/will not do - unless it is with the sewing machine! LOL
    To QUILT is human.
    To FINISH is divine.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...4369F3FA17.png

Blog Entries
    I can't think of any. Some I find very tedious to finish though.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    I've done a mariner's compass. It looks like a volcano sitting in the middle of the bed. I am determined to do it better someday, but other projects keep interfering.
    That is too funny. Yea, I think it will be some time before I attempt a mariner's compass.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Anything appliqué or curves for me. Been thinking about diving in and actually attempting a double wedding ring though. Oh, and paper piecing intimidates the heck out of me

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast