Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: This quilt is plucking my last nerve!

But i am going to stick it out! I am making a quilt and it is my first with a bunch of half square triangles. and a bunch of those buggers make up an inner border. trying to make it fit the center square is just plucking at my last nerve. I just needed to blast off here. the half squares border is a little too big so i am "easing " it on when i sew...this is one quilt i am too embarrassed to give away...maybe i will hang it in my sewing room and laugh one day at my learning curve...

Good luck!

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Awww, can you show a picture? Maybe we can help? You might be able to trim the half squares down to the right size, they are one of the easier blocks to square up...

I feel for you, it's the worst when you are all excited about a project and it doesn't go together smoothly. ;)

Blog Entries
    Hang in there. The very first quilt top I made was for my DGD. It looks so bad that I never gave it to her. One of these days I'm going to quilt it and finish it but I'm hanging on to to prove to myself just how far I have come.

It just wears you out when the @#$% quilt is not going along like a good good thing. I have been there. It makes you feel terrible. don't give up, tomorrow will be better.

Been there done that, I guess that is why I like Eleanor Burns way of doing the triangles. Tomorrow will be better.

Not that this isn't frustrating but the more you practice and learn how to match your seams there will be a day that you will not have any problems at all. We all went through those frustrations and had to learn the process that worked the best for us. For me pinning is my best friend.

Don't give up....keep at it and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Don't be too critical of your work because most people won't even notice anything but the overall beauty of your quilt.

Blog Entries
    I agree, but I still run into problems. Quilting for me is a loooong learning process.One I'll never completely master.Fabric isn't like a sheet of steel,it's a flexible,movable canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker
    Not that this isn't frustrating but the more you practice and learn how to match your seams there will be a day that you will not have any problems at all. We all went through those frustrations and had to learn the process that worked the best for us. For me pinning is my best friend.

Don't give up....keep at it and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Don't be too critical of your work because most people won't even notice anything but the overall beauty of your quilt.