Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Question

I am currently making baby quilts for my new grandbabies, one due on October 3 and the other due on November 13. I am stumped on a pattern for one of them. I used the Warm Wishes quilt pattern for one of them using pretty much neutral sex colors and applique, but I'd like to make something different for the other one since this was my third warm wishes quilt for the other babies.

Please help me come up with different pattern ideas. I'd like to start the second one right away. Thank you so much!

Just google baby quilts and you'll be amazed at what you'll find. I always like pin wheels or the friendship star in pastel colors, especially if you don't know boy/girl.

Blog Entries
    How about a PP pattern? You are very good at them :D:D:D

Does the mother happen to know the gender of the baby? If so this may help in choosing patterns and fabrics? Does the mother have a theme for the baby room? Ask if you can otherwise choose something appropriately.

Pam M

I am making a quilt for my newest grandson (due in June) using the Wickedly Easy pattern. A baby quilt uses 6 FQs and it really is very easy.

Here's the link, but if it doesn't come over, just google wickedly easy quilt.

http://www.byannie.com/media/images/...s_patterns.pdf

Blog Entries
    Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs is a great pattern! It's very easy to do, hardly any matching at all. It looks great in a variety of colors. I did a pastel one for my granddaughter and a pink/green one for a friend's daughter. Here's a link to some I've made so you can see it in different color schemes. You can also do a Google Search (images) to get ideas of other colors.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54842-1.htm

there is a free pattern (McCall's I think) called hugs and kisses it's made up of X's and O's (strips and squares) I've done 2 of those

Quote Originally Posted by Bluphrog
    I am making a quilt for my newest grandson (due in June) using the Wickedly Easy pattern. A baby quilt uses 6 FQs and it really is very easy.

Thanks for the link! I the red/black and gray one is stunning! Not so much for a baby quilt, but I'm going to keep that in mind as a graduation present for a nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluphrog

Thanks for the link! I the red/black and gray one is stunning! Not so much for a baby quilt, but I'm going to keep that in mind as a graduation present for a nephew.
    I did one in 30s fabrics for a baby quilt, and it was precious.

Blog Entries
    Heart & soul is an awesome quilt pattern that I did in brights for a co-worker. It is a free download from
    www.redroosterfabrics.com It could be done in pastels, or brights...I think either way it is a nice baby quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images