Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Quilt Retreat Starts Tomorrow - what shouldn't I forget

Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    TOOTHBRUSH AND CLOTHES???
    Why?? (lol)

Just came back from one - paperpieced 40 blocks. My thoughts - bring more projects that you plan on working on. Just like me, you may get tired of that one main project.

I am so jealous. Our retreat is Mothers Day Weekend at a bed & breakfast about 25 milses from home. Has been Fri eve thru whatever time on Sun but this year some of us are going on Wed. We have to do our own cooking until Fri eve but have a kitchen to use. I like the idea of
    just hooking onto your sewing room. Everyone has had excellent ideas and taking an extra machine if you have one for a backup is very good. The first year I had no idea what to do and if you have a great time like I did you'll be ready to go again very soon. Have a great time.

Blog Entries
    most important-remember....what goes on at retreat stays at retreat!.....really

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    most important-remember....what goes on at retreat stays at retreat!.....really
    and what did YOU do at retreat?

Shop shop shop?

MISSI.........I SEARCHED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND I DO THINK ONE THING WAS OVERLOOKED.....(I didn't see it)

PLEASE DON'T FORGET A CAMERA..

WE WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU ACHIEVE WHILE AWAY AT THIS RETREAT....

Happy stitching....MaryJane

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been on a retreat before...hoping I'll get to next year!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    make sure you've labeled all your own stuff with your name and phone number, in case it accidentally goes home with someone else. and be sure not to have loose things at your station when you work. they fly all over the place and get mixed up with everyone else's.

have loads of fun and snap pics.
    Oh, excellent idea! I can't believe I forgot this one. I also tie a thin piece of fabric to the handles of my rotary blade and scissors. This way I know at a glance which ones are mine, and so does everyone else! :lol: If you have address labels, the prestick kind, they are very handy for labeling your rules and other items. I don't have any clear address labels (which is what I prefer) so I just used a dot of nail polish directly in the center of my rulers. It's hot pink and works great because I always know which rulers are mine, even when they are borrowed.

It also never hurts to bring a few extra treats (or coffee) to share with your fellow quilters. A secret stash of chocolates brought out to share with the gals who stayed up past midnight is always a lot of fun!! :wink:

sg

This sounds like a wonderful retreat. I have never been on a quilting retreat and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. When I said earlier that I agree, I was referring to taking chocolate with you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4