Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt retreats >

quilt retreats

quilt retreats

Old 05-15-2011, 07:20 AM

I read the Elm Creek Quilt books. Are there really quilt retreats? Has anyone been to one located in a home like that if they do exists and where do you find out about them?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:35 AM

I was invited to a guild retreat in Ripley, WV. It was a wonderful three days. Check your local quilt shops for them.
I see you live in NE Ohio so I would go on www.cottonpickersquiltshop.com . They usually have them a few times a year. Her shop is located in Chardon, Oh.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM

I've been to many, just did a quick search on this forum and here's a link to some of the other discussions we've had.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....etreats&u=&s=0
Old 05-15-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by luvstitches
I was invited to a guild retreat in Ripley, WV. It was a wonderful three days. Check your local quilt shops for them.
I see you live in NE Ohio so I would go on www.cottonpickersquiltshop.com . They usually have them a few times a year. Her shop is located in Chardon, Oh.
I think I may have gotten some fat quarters from her booth at the quilt show at the Metro Farmpark. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM

There were many results when I Googled Ohio quilt retreat.

One of the results was a list of Ohio quilt guilds - http://www.quiltguilds.com/ohio.htm Many guilds have websites that list their retreats along with details. Usually, you are expected to be a member of the guild, but not always.

Many shops also have retreat information on their windows or counters. Also, guild and retreat information can be found at quilt shows.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
I've been to many, just did a quick search on this forum and here's a link to some of the other discussions we've had.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....etreats&u=&s=0
Thanks for the site. I just love this QB :D
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 AM

I go to Charm every year on a retreat with 30 women. It is just before Thanksgiving and there is a waiting list to get in. One of my friends had been on the list 4 years and this November was her first time. Now she's in for good if she continues to come. I plan on 3 projects and really only work on 1 or 2. But have a great time.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 AM

I enjoy retreats.
I've been on personal ones (cabin on a lake with friends), and I've been to ones organized by our local quilt shop, both away (at a huge Inn on the lake) and in-shop (oh imagine, 3 days in the shop sewing, checking out the new stuff in the store, chatting with tourists and locals who've wandered in).

It is just so much fun to be surrounded by others who enjoy quilting as much as you do.

June 17-19 we're having the Longest Day retreat in our shop up here. Longest Day because here in the Yukon, we have extended sunlight hours in the spring/summer, and Summer Solstice is our LONGEST day, most of the Yukon experiences 24 hours of sunlight (for the places that don't, it's just a pinky sky for about an hour then back to daylight).
Old 05-15-2011, 02:01 PM

There's a very nice one held at an Inn in NH
Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 PM

We're having on e in GRanbury,TExas at the Quilts Inn. Have 13 coming and all QB members from california, COlorado, Pennsylvania and all over Texas. Hope you get to find one. Just google quilt retreats. I Love elm creek quilting stories too. HUGS♥♥