Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Sew Easy

I want to get serious about machine quilting, something I have been at for a while but don't seem to get much past stitching in the ditch or straight line stitching. I have seen these 'Quilt Sew Easy' hoops talked about & wondered if they are worth the money. Please give your thoughts if you have used them. Here is a site to go to see what they are: http://74.52.105.210/~machineq/

Blog Entries
    I don't like the small area of the hoop, for me there is more stopping and adjusting the hoop than when using gloves :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I have these but never use them. They just didn't help me. I like to have my hands flat on the fabric.

Blog Entries
    Too me...it seems like using a hoop work be very time consuming and a pain. I have not tried the teflon sheets yet but I have read from many of the folks on this board that they work well. I am going to buy a few of the teflon cooking sheets and try that this weekend.

Blog Entries
    I like them for working in small areas with small designs. However, if your design goes outside of the hoop, they're kind of a pain to pick up and move. You end up stopping and starting. I've found that doing that can mess with how well I've regulated my stitches.

I have one and absolutly HATE it. Stopping to move it sew an little bit and stop to move it again. To darn time consuming for me. Prefer my Machinger gloves..

I bought one and totally dislike it, gave it to another quilter that wanted to try it! For me it was a waste of good money, I prefer my gloves.

Whew! Was looking at one yesterday and decided NOT to buy it (over $30). Was protesting the cost, but now there are more reasons! YAHOO!

Thanks everyone. I think I will save my money for more fabric!!

I also hated using it....the space it gives you is just not enough to work with on free motion.