Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Shop Hop...is it worth it? >

Quilt Shop Hop...is it worth it?

Quilt Shop Hop...is it worth it?

Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
Most shop hops invlove more than one store,I tried to do the one here in So Az,but it was way too many stores that were spread out far and wide,and while they were giving really great prizes who had to visit all the shops to be eligible,and I wasn't
Heh, that's exactly how I felt! We had Tucson as the center hub and then essentially 4 branches (making a sort of X) going out from Tucson, so it took me 2 days of full driving to get to all of them. And the shop that was 90 minutes away MOVED right before the hop. So its address on the card was wrong, and I had never been to the city it was in and have poor sense of direction in non-my city ("go East" "where is East in this city??"), so that was a good adventure :)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I won a sewing machine a few years ago from the FabShopHop.
Jealous :)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
I say go for it! Chances of winning a prize are probably small - hundreds of people usually participate - but it's still a lot of fun.
It depends on the shop hop. Last year our shop hop only had 53 people eligible for the prizes!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:00 AM

I go every year with a few of my quilting friends. It is a blast to spend the time with my friends, we have lunch, ooh and aah over all the fabrics (each Quilt Shop carries something a little different), it's just a fun experience, especially when shared with friends. We usually do it over a 2 day period. All the shops north of us one day and then all the shops south of us the other day.

We usually get pieces to a pattern at each shop, and we get to pick out a FQ. We get our names put in for drawings at each shop and if you go to all the shops you get put in for the grand prize, whatever that may be. (Usually a Featherweight) It's fun. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 PM

I go alone when there's one and I love it. I browse alot. I go to see what's new up close, pick up a few freebies, tho' honestly what's been given out at the ones I've been wasn't worth the drive, but what the heck.

Try it and see if you like it. Have fun!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks for all the advice! I'm new to the area, so bringing friends probably isn't an option. But I do love to browse fabric stores. Just touching the bolts of fabric brings a smile to my face. I think I'll go for it. I have three days to hit 16 stores. Should be doable. And who knows? I'll probably make friends along the way. :wink:
Old 09-15-2009, 06:28 AM

Cheers,
You might just win something fun..I have both times.
Pick a friend go see the sights and appreciate all of your stashes!
hugs
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 AM

Sounds fun to me!! If I had a girlfriend who liked to sew I would do it with her, but I think I would arm myself with some tunes and go by myself if I couldn't find anyone to go.