Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: QUILT SHOP REVIEW

Blog Entries
    PAYSON,AZ. i'll start with the LQS. QUILTING SISTERS. if you want a wonderful shopping experience stop in. the staff and owners can't be more helpful. you are greeted with smiles and sometimes hugs. all the staff are up to date on whats going on in the quilting world and have that special eye for picking colors. lots of classes, and free sewing time. be sure to stop there.
    FLAGSTAFF ,AZ. ODEGAARDS, another great shop. good selection of fabrics, nice staff. machine repairs and even a yarn shop. one big plus, a comfy rocking chair for your hubby.
    MESA,AZ. JOANNS. not a bad place to shop, just be sure to watch the prices. friendliness of staff pretty good.

Blog Entries
    I vote for the DoorMouse in Bettsville, OH. They have tons of fabric, notions, classes, and the staff is knowledgable and friendly. I don't live near it anymore but it's always been my favorite. I hope to find another like it someday.

My favorite quilt shop is Fabric Shack in Waynesville Ohio.
    Tons of fabric to choose from and the staff people are quilters themselves and very knowledgeable.

It is about 1 1\2 hrs drive from where I live so I don't go very often. And I always spend way too much when I go.

Chris

Quiltin Basket in Viroqua WI. They are nice and helpful and often have a number of bolts half price. Oh, shoot, I shouldn't tell that, my selection of sales will go down.
    :-P oh well.

Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH. Wonderful shop and the ladies are great!!!! They have a great selection of material and soon will be online to shop.

Blog Entries
    LQS, Flagstaff, AZ - ODEGAARDS: Great LQS! Friendly, helpful, great selection, and if they don't have it, they'll order it for you. (I have some fabric on order right now...again.) Wonderful service, both in the store and for machine repairs. I can't say enough about their service after the sale on machines; and some of the best prices on machines too. Couldn't ask for a better LQS!!!

Others I like to visit:

Phoenix, AZ - 35th Ave Sew & Vac: I've never seen so much high quality quilt fabric in on one place in my life!

Tucson, AZ (my daughter lives there and we did our own "shop hop" last spring): Quilter's Market, Cactus Quilt Shop, and Desert Patch Quilt Shop are just a few I can remember. All of them well worth the visit.

Clovis, CA (Fresno) - Quilter's Paradise - HUGE selection of fabric!

Blog Entries
    Sewflakes in Broken Arrow ok. Beautiful people