Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Quilt shops in the DFW area?

  1. #1
    gixxerangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    126
    Since my DM got me into quilting I have been trying to find a good quilt shop in the DFW area since the only quilt shop I know of is the one she goes to in WA. Not very logical for me since I live half way across the country. Does anyone know of good quilt shops here? I think I have found one (Berry Patch Fabrics), but I am not sure. Any help would be very welcomed! Thank you!

  2. #2
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    16,537
    Blog Entries
    36
    Berry Patch in FW on Hulen is wonderful. Then there's Cabbage Rose on Vickory blvd. Lone Star quilts in Arlington, just to name a few. I suggest google quilt stores in DFW and find more. YOu can also buy a book at a LQS with all the stores in each state.

    http://www.sewfunpatterns.com/texasquiltshops.html

    This is one I foudn googling. Have fun.

  3. #3
    Senior Member crochetetc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    417
    I am in Plano and use Fabric Fanatics and Blue Ribbon quilt shoppe in Wylie most of the time. There is a large shop in lewisville but they are not to friendly called Quilt Country. There is Quilters Connection in Dallas, haven't been there in a while. Quilt Asylum in McKinney is good as well, I use them alot.

  4. #4
    Super Member zyxquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    3,807
    Altho' I live in SoCal, I have been to both Fabric Fanatics & Quilt Asylum & they were both terrific. Everyone was friendly & they had wonderful fabrics!

  5. #5
    Super Member Enchanted Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    porter ok
    Posts
    1,318
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerangel
    Since my DM got me into quilting I have been trying to find a good quilt shop in the DFW area since the only quilt shop I know of is the one she goes to in WA. Not very logical for me since I live half way across the country. Does anyone know of good quilt shops here? I think I have found one (Berry Patch Fabrics), but I am not sure. Any help would be very welcomed! Thank you!
    I am going to Ft Worth in about 2 wks for my dd birthday .I want go to one shop. I have been reading about its call Golden D'or Fabric it is a warehouse full of fabric. I got a email for a sale they were having but couldn't go @ that time . but you might check it out.

  6. #6
    Super Member Enchanted Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    porter ok
    Posts
    1,318
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerangel
    Since my DM got me into quilting I have been trying to find a good quilt shop in the DFW area since the only quilt shop I know of is the one she goes to in WA. Not very logical for me since I live half way across the country. Does anyone know of good quilt shops here? I think I have found one (Berry Patch Fabrics), but I am not sure. Any help would be very welcomed! Thank you!
    I am going to Ft Worth in about 2 wks for my dd birthday .I want go to one shop. I have been reading about its call Golden D'or Fabric it is a warehouse full of fabric. I got a email for a sale they were having but couldn't go @ that time . but you might check it out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member PWinston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    864
    Blog Entries
    2
    I used to live in Highland Village and went to Quilt Country in Lewisville a lot. They have a tremendous selection of fabrics and tend to leave you alone to browse and look. In other words, they don't hover over you and follow you around the store. Maybe that is why an earlier poster felt they were not very friendly. However, when you request help, they jumped in and offered assistance. The owner of the shop makes a lot of patterns so there are always plenty of samples in the shop to inspire you. Most of the patterns she makes are fairly easy to do and she has no qualms about you taking pictures of the samples. I've been inspired to make quilts from her samples and purchased fabric their but did not necessarily purchase the pattern if I felt I could make it from seeing it and from having a picture of it. I highly recommend that you check it out.

    I don't recall the exact address but think that it is on the west side of I-35/Fox Avenue intersection in Lewisville.

    Another suggestion - join the guild in Dallas and you cn learn about all the local quilt shops through them. There are other quilds in the surrounding areas, too.

  8. #8
    cookiej36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by PWinston
    I used to live in Highland Village and went to Quilt Country in Lewisville a lot. They have a tremendous selection of fabrics and tend to leave you alone to browse and look. In other words, they don't hover over you and follow you around the store. Maybe that is why an earlier poster felt they were not very friendly. However, when you request help, they jumped in and offered assistance. The owner of the shop makes a lot of patterns so there are always plenty of samples in the shop to inspire you. Most of the patterns she makes are fairly easy to do and she has no qualms about you taking pictures of the samples. I've been inspired to make quilts from her samples and purchased fabric their but did not necessarily purchase the pattern if I felt I could make it from seeing it and from having a picture of it. I highly recommend that you check it out.

    I don't recall the exact address but think that it is on the west side of I-35/Fox Avenue intersection in Lewisville.

    Another suggestion - join the guild in Dallas and you cn learn about all the local quilt shops through them. There are other quilds in the surrounding areas, too.
    I agree with the earlier poster regarding Quilt Country. Before they moved to their "new" location, I loved going in there. They were very friendly and helpful. The last time I was in the "new" location, it seemed different. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was different, it was just different! I love the Quilt Asylum in McKinney! They have a great selection of fabrics and samples!ndlystore,

  9. #9
    Senior Member crochetetc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiej36
    Quote Originally Posted by PWinston
    I used to live in Highland Village and went to Quilt Country in Lewisville a lot. They have a tremendous selection of fabrics and tend to leave you alone to browse and look. In other words, they don't hover over you and follow you around the store. Maybe that is why an earlier poster felt they were not very friendly. However, when you request help, they jumped in and offered assistance. The owner of the shop makes a lot of patterns so there are always plenty of samples in the shop to inspire you. Most of the patterns she makes are fairly easy to do and she has no qualms about you taking pictures of the samples. I've been inspired to make quilts from her samples and purchased fabric their but did not necessarily purchase the pattern if I felt I could make it from seeing it and from having a picture of it. I highly recommend that you check it out.

    I don't recall the exact address but think that it is on the west side of I-35/Fox Avenue intersection in Lewisville.

    Another suggestion - join the guild in Dallas and you cn learn about all the local quilt shops through them. There are other quilds in the surrounding areas, too.
    I agree with the earlier poster regarding Quilt Country. Before they moved to their "new" location, I loved going in there. They were very friendly and helpful. The last time I was in the "new" location, it seemed different. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was different, it was just different! I love the Quilt Asylum in McKinney! They have a great selection of fabrics and samples!ndlystore,
    I went in about 3 months ago, I was a long time shopper with them as my business office was literally 2 blocks away. I was not greeted, when asked for help was walked someplace and left and never did find that fabric I wanted. I was working on a mini wall hanging so only needed 1/4 cuts and the person cutting was acting appalled (huffing and grumbling under her breathe) about the small amount. Normally I buy large cuts but this fabric was not my taste so I wanted the minimum to complete the project. This really aggravated me more than anything, I should get friendly service whether buying a small piece or tons of yardage. Also would not honor my stamp card because of the $40 I purchased 1 piece of fabric (1/4 cut at $5 yd) came from the sale rack and no punches with sale items. So I haven't been back even though they have a great selection just not worth the aggravation.

    I am one that likes to wonder around and get help only when asked but a nice hello when entering is awesome. I don't expect them to greet me by name but do love that when the shop I frequent does.

    I do think every shop is worth visiting once so that you can form your own opinion.

  10. #10
    Super Member Butterflyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,438
    Glad you asked this, I might be visiting the DFW area and was thinking of trying to work in a stop or two at quilt shops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.