Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilt Shops in the Houston area

The Painted Pony in LaPorte. It is on Business 146. I love that shop---huge selection, probably the largest selection I have come across. The ones the previous posters have mentioned are great as well. I found several shops on a shop hop this past spring. I love the one in Huffman (The Quilt Room - its same distance as the Painted Pony), and also liked the Hen House, found some baby blanket panels there that I couldn't find anywhere else. I want to give CRS a try, I have heard about it from several that say if you want a Moda fabric they will be the place to get it.

I agree with not liking the new concept at "It's a Stitch". I suppose for some it works, but the shop just feels very empty now.

Enjoy your trip. I sometimes get spoiled and forget that not everyone has as many sources as we do in the Houston area---I should be more thankful. But then, a short trip across town for us can take an hour one way without traffic and I think nothing of it to just go pick up one or two items...so I guess it is all relative!

Quote Originally Posted by ZugZug View Post
    I agree with not liking the new concept at "It's a Stitch". I suppose for some it works, but the shop just feels very empty now.
    I went yesterday, it is by my office and it is "convient" on my way home. I walked it and there were 4 sales ladies on the floor all chit chatting and I coudn't hardly get anyone to help me. I can't find anything in there anymore. They had a class going and I peeked in, there were 3 people in the class. I don't know how they are making it right now. Will have to see what happens.

My suggestion, not worth the trip with the little amount of time you have here. Much better shops in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
    It's a Stitch doesn't have fabric on bolts anymore, however, they do have already cut yardage. They're catering to the embroidery customers now. It's a shame because they were my favorite quilt shop.
    Yeah I hear ya. Made me sad.

I agree with the Painted Pony. Have to check out the Hen House

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2