Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops on Maui HI >

Quilt shops on Maui HI

Quilt shops on Maui HI

Old 01-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Default Quilt shops on Maui HI

I will be staying at the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa. Are there any quilt shopes near by?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Lucky you Katfisher! Sheraton is in Ka'anapali, down the road from Lahaina. There is a shop in the Whaler's Village shopping area (Ka'anapali) that has Hawaiian quilts & other local made items for sale - very pretty & pretty expensive, as is most of Whalers (but fun to walk around and check out the sunset dinner specials at Leilani's on the beach there - good deal if you eat early!). There is a nice quilt shop (Sew Special) in the Ka'ahumanu Shopping Center in Kahului, very close to the airport & Costco. They have many Hawaii & Asian influenced patterns and some different fabrics that you won't see on the mainland. The fabrics are typical LQS prices & not a fab deal but beautiful stuff. The best fabric deals on the island are at Fabric Mart, also near the airport in an old wood building (water side of the street - little hard to find) along Ka'ahumanu Ave near Hwy 36 (road to Hana). I always spend a few hours (and dollars) in there! Love it. I know there is a quilt shop in Kihei but I have not been to that one. Have a wonderful time!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

Lucky you! It sounds like beatys9 has you covered for all the best places to shop. Try to buy at least one piece of fabric that represents your Hawaiian experience to remember your great adventure by.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 PM

The one in the shopping center in Kahului is the one that I usually get my stuff at when we are in Maui, great shop and lots of wonderful fabrics.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:42 PM

When we went we stayed in Lahania and there were two in walking distance of the Banyan Tree and the other one was a short drive down the road. Bless my husband , he didn't think we flew all that way to go quilt shop hopping, then he took me to one when we had a layover on the way home. That one we took a bus to get there
Old 01-09-2012, 02:44 AM
BMP

If you are going to be in Lahania, there is the BEST shaved ice place there......I couldnt get enough of them when we were there...