Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Show Sewing Machine Deals >

Quilt Show Sewing Machine Deals

Quilt Show Sewing Machine Deals

Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Hello,

Attending the Knoxville quilt showin July, curious to know what deals were obtainable for a Babylock Ellisimo or Ellegante at the Paducah quilt show last month.

Thanks in advance. :D
Old 05-12-2011, 05:59 PM

When is the show?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM

Good question, July 13-16

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:13 PM

I am not sure what the deals will be, but I do know that Mid South Best and Mid South Sewing Centers will be there to make those deals. I have never known them to do anything but good deals. They are great people to do business with.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM

The dealers aren't told what they can offer until close to the show...
Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Interesting you should ask. I was charged with looking for a good deal on a specific machine for a friend (Brother Sofia II), and she even gave me a blank check (which I guarded with my life!!). I talked to the folks on the booth, she gave me a price, I himmed and hawed and she gave me an even lower price of $750. This was for a machine that would be shipped from a shop in Southern IL to a friend in Northern IL - so there would be no 'local' support or training.

After I left her booth I called MY LQS which I know to be a Brother dealer and asked if they had this machine in stock. They didn't but could get it easy enough for $720.

So for $30 LESS my friend ordered it from the LQS and got local support and training.

There might be deals to be had, but the one I looked at wasn't.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM

I researched for almost six months before finding the best deal and it would up not being at a show also! Not saying it wouldn't be possible, just do some preliminary checking. The main problem can be transport because Babylock like so many companies does not allow shipping of some of the top-of-the-line models. You can get around this by having someone in another location pick it up and ship it to you.

Another consideration is that Babylock offers deals periodically throughout the year that may be more to your liking. Sometimes they will offer a bundle with software package or a cabinet or special financing if you have to go that route.

I live in Tennessee and agree that I like Mid South so much more than the dealer in Huntsville where I purchased my Ellisimo. At that time, Mid South had not become a Babylock distributer. However, I have dealt with them since and found them to be responsive and honest - neither of which attributes can be applied to where I bought mine.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 AM

If I ever bought a new machine it would be at a quilt show..we have no dealers close anyway so that would not be a consideration. They have some tremendous deals
Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Wait until the end of the show. The deals are usually pretty substantial because they don't want to haul them home! :) Good Luck!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM

I've never bought a sewing machine at a show, but when I was at Quilt Canada in Calgary last year, they were selling the classrooms machines at the end of the show for a greatly reduced rate. Maybe that would be an option for you?