Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Quilt Show

Suz
    Is anyone a member? Is it worth the fee to join? I have hesitated to join since there is so much free stuff available, but after watching Episode 802 with Edyta Sitar, I am reconsidering. What are your thoughts?

Suzanne

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I joined a few years ago. It was great. BUt you will want to be there all day watching all the episodes. Worth the money. Guess it would be an individual decision.

I joined when it first started... lapsed my membership following year, but re-upped this year. I think the 2 videos of Ricky Tims tut on how to make his Rhapsody quilts was worth my year's membership.

Blog Entries
    oh deasr, need to ask how much is the membership? maybe this is a good idea for B-day pressie?

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leaha
    oh deasr, need to ask how much is the membership? maybe this is a good idea for B-day pressie?
    I've been a member since it started. The beginning was a little stiff, but even then the lessons and guest were very interesting. I'm less interested in a lot of the fluff, but I realize that a lot of their audience that loves it. And they've really tightened up a lot of the shows, so they're packed. And R&A are a lot more informal and relaxed.

The Quilt Gallery is worth the price of admission.

A 6-month membership is $24.95, a full year is $42 (or close enough). I think there is a promotion if you buy the full year, you get a free 6-month membership to give as a gift.

So less than $4/month for a quilt shows, and lessons, and a lot of wonderful extras.

Best deal around.

I am a member since 08 and absolutely love it and would let every other subscription lapse before this one.

rb.
    I've watched two shows...seems to me that even at $42 a year, it's way more valuable than most quilt magazine subscriptions.

Blog Entries
    I love it and keep an ongoing subscription. I have enjoyed every show - with one exception - and learned something from every one! I discontinued every magazine subscription because I am convinced this is the best use of my money.