Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Show

Quilt Show

I'm having been thinking of getting a Long Arm Quilting Machine and wondering about going to Quilt Shows? Do they offer better deals there? Or stick with LQS? There is 2 quilt Shows hosting this weekend, both are 3 hrs driving from my area. Just wonder if its worth making a trip?

I have seen some deals at shows, but the main advantage is to get to try out the different machines, and see which one suits you best.

Not sure they're that better of a deal. Buying a used one is better. Someone who decided that LAQ wasn't for them and wants to get some of their money back.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabeway View Post
    Not sure they're that better of a deal. Buying a used one is better. Someone who decided that LAQ wasn't for them and wants to get some of their money back.
    I agree with this. Try them out and then find a deal on a used one.

I think the main advantage is being able to try several different brands.

ro
    Blog Entries
    usually the shows offer better deals. go to your local shop, see what they offer, they go to the show. i find that even if the shop cannot offer a discount, they will throw in extras. besides, nothing like goin to your local shop and you can get all kinds of help from them. even when purchasing a sewing machine, if the local shop cannot offer a better deal ask if they will throw in extra feet or thread. something!

I would go to the shows so you can test different machines, they often also have show specials!

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who just purchased a LA, she was in the market for quite some time and told me the show deals were very good. She did end up purchasing hers at a show. If you're in the market for a new one, I believe this is the way to go.

It's definitely worth the drive to test them all out. I went to a show last summer and quickly ruled out several popular machine brands. Many people love them, but they just weren't right for me and I knew it within minutes of seeing them and trying them out. Other people can tell you how much they love their machines, but we all have unique preferences. A show gives you the chance to narrow the list of which you want to explore further, while crossing off the ones you are sure you don't want.

I researched and test drove different machines for over a year before I made a decision. It's a lot of money, well worth driving to a show or two.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
    It's definitely worth the drive to test them all out. I went to a show last summer and quickly ruled out several popular machine brands. Many people love them, but they just weren't right for me and I knew it within minutes of seeing them and trying them out. Other people can tell you how much they love their machines, but we all have unique preferences. A show gives you the chance to narrow the list of which you want to explore further, while crossing off the ones you are sure you don't want.
    Nilla said it perfectly...don't need to add a thing!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast