Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt show vendors?

I`m attending my first quilt show in the us. This will be mind boggling from the ones I`ve attended at our small guild in Canada.
    Do you get a map of the vendors when you go in or should I write down Which I`m interested in from their web site.
    Thanks Gale

Pam
    Most vendors will have pamplets or cards that you can pick up at their booths. I hope you have a great time. If you have return address labels you should bring those as well for things like drawings, it saves time.

great idea thanks for the tip!
    Gale

Have a great time Gale!

Banned
    Yes, there will be a show program that gives a list of all the vendors and often with addresses, phone number and web sites and then a map of the show floor showing where the vendor is located.
    It will be useful for you to make notes on the program when you find a vendor you might want to go back to and what specifically they had that interests you.
    Having been a vendor for many years, I have been asked so many time "do you know who sells such and such....I was there but can't remember where it was". There may or may not be literature or catalogs for you to pick up so make notes.
    Be sure to ask if they ship to Canada if you are interested in later mail order and also the method and special consideration in shipping to Canada.
    What show are you attending?
    My daughter owns The Stencil Co and she will be vending at the Vermont show in June. I'll be in the booth helping her.

Blog Entries
    I agree totally about making notes on the program. I don't know how many times or how much time I've lost looking for that item I saw earlier in the day but wanted to think about purchasing.

This works especially well in LARGE vendor sections.

I`m going to columbus ohio in june and heresy pa in july

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Most vendors will have pamplets or cards that you can pick up at their booths. I hope you have a great time. If you have return address labels you should bring those as well for things like drawings, it saves time.
    What a great idea! I have so many from nonprofit mailings that I can never use them up in my lifetime (neither did my mother - I had to discard an entire grocery bag of them with her name/address when she passed away).

Columbus, Ohio in June?! How have I missed hearing about this??

And we try to go to Vermont every couple of years in the fall, but this year we are going in the summer. You say there is a quilt show in June, Holice? When?

Many times the vendors are listed on the brochure. I mark the ones I want to go back too, or especially don't want to miss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast