Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt show, what should I get? >

Quilt show, what should I get?

Quilt show, what should I get?

Old 02-23-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by kbeuchert View Post
Mooshie! I am going to that show too. I am meeting my Cousin-in-law. I have the Red Snappers and I love them. I bought side ones too and don't like those though. What classes are you taking?
So it's not just me!! They pop off no matter what you do for me......now I say this like I'm an avid LA quilter....in all fairness, I am not. But love the Snappers!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
Cherry pie, they're things that clamp your quilt into your leaders on a longarm frame so you don't have to pin. You can google it, our watch a YouTube video to see them. :-)
Thank you for the answer and thanks to cherry pie for asking the question!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM

I don't have a LA but my quilt shop does, they also have the red snappers, looked real east to use.
hope you get some..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

I stock up and I mean really stock up at Hobbs batting booth. The 18" pre cut batting squares are super cheap! Wool, cotton, silk squares. If you see people carrying big pink plastic bags it's batting squares. I buy about six bags full the first thing and take them out to my car. If you don't have a car, buy them last . The bags are lightweight but very cumbersome to carry. They run out of the wool and silk faster, no matter the type it's all the same price, you can mix and match. If I remember right you get 20 squares for $5 or it could be $8. I don't even ask the price anymore, I just buy bags full. They are perfect for QAYG blocks, totes, projects, and small wallhangings.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM

I just received my red snappers a few weeks ago and they are amazing. Have been using velcro for 3+ years since I hated pinning. They are so fast!
Look for thread (usually good sales) and thick rulers such as, hearts, circles etc. Another recommendation since I have been learning to customize is designs with lines and their flexible templates. Another very great puchase.
Have lots of fun!