Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt sshow

yesterday my girlfriends and I went to a quilt show in Williamston, SC--it was the first year of this quilt show and I was glad to get out with friends, but didn't expect much. WOW was I wrong--it was great! We had a great time, the vendors were set up nicely so you could really get a feel for what they were offering, but not pushy. And the quilts, those ladies up there were great! If any of you were part of it or no of any please tell them congrats! Isn't it great to get surprised and motivated. If was getting a little sluggish ---now, back to the quilt room.

Blog Entries
    Any pics ?

what did you buy ?

Glad you had a good time :lol:

Glad you had a good time and the show didn't disappoint. I recently went to a show at our LQS - VERY disappointed. Didn't expect to see many and we didn't but that wasn't why my daughter and I were disappointed.
    It was the way they were displayed. Not done well at all and some were just piled into a corner - never did figure out the reason for that. We didn't feel welcome to handle the quilts so really didn't even see what was there. The others were behind store displays so you could only see part of the quilt.
    This LQS is located in a small "village" of shops and the quilts were scattered all thru the village in a number of stores but weren't displayed well in ANY of the stores. Very disappointing!

We have a guild that does a show once a year here and it is fantastic too. Those can be so inspiring. I'm glad you had fun.

Blog Entries
    IMHO, quilt shows can be very inspiring! Not to mention the 'quilt show' here on the board. I'm always up to 'see' all the different quilts.