Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt tags

does anyone hand embroider their own quilt tags? I know I do, but just about everyone I know does theirs with a sewing machine, buys already printed tags, or just writes on a piece of fabric. Just wondering if I'm the only one because I like to practice my skills and have my own handwriting on them

my hand embroidery would not look nice. I piece a label and use a permanent pen so it has my hand writing.

My daughter makes quilt labels for both of us using her computer and Printed Treasures fabric. The wording is customized for each quilt. She has a picture of a frog on hers and a carousel horse on mine.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I hand embroider a lot of Scripture verses and then put borders on them before quilting and putting the binding on. I never thought of hand embroidering a quilt label. That is a great idea. Thanks!

I am planning to beginning using Inktense water color pencils to make labels. Embroidering around them might look nice, also. :-D

Blog Entries
    I hand embroider my labels. I enjoy doing it all the labels I see are machine and nothing wrong with that I just enjoy doing the hand work