Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Tops

Red face Quilt Tops

What do you do with quilt tops that you don't want to finish? I have a couple that I just didn't care for after I was done. They may interest some to finish.

I put them away for awhile and work on something else. Then later I usually pull them out and finish them for gifts or charity. I find that someone always loves the ones I hate.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

I would like to know too..... I have a couple that I just can't bring myself to quilt.... I'm not crazy about the colors or pattern
    sammie

If you don't want to finish them, I'd be glad to have them to finish and donate them to charity. Just a thought~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    If push comes to shove, put them in a yard sale. Someone will be thrilled to scoop them up, I bet! For me, it would be counter-productive to keep them. They would always be nagging at the back of my mind, and I'd feel guilty for not finishing them. Get rid of them and you'll have peace of mind working on the ones you enjoy.

I just finished a quilt that is so ugly that I don't want to finish. I think I will donate it. Good idea.

Sometimes when you go ahead and finish them, it turns out you really like them. I rarely like a quilt luntil it's finished.

You could do an easy all over meander and donate to the homeless since winter is upon us. I'm sure if you dont want to do that someone here would be more than happy to do it for you.

I have donated them to the local senior center. They hand-quilt them, raffle them of and use the money to take trips.
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

why don't you try selling them here, someone else might like them if you don't, and you could use the money to buy more fabric

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast