Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt using the paper piecing method

I am trying to make a crazy quilt using the paper piecing method on a muslin foundation. So far, all I can find for instructions is to draw the block design onto a piece of muslin using the light underneath glass or tape it to the window approach. Does anyone know of a simpler faster method to get the block design on the muslin backing?.

Thank you,
    Marilyn

Usually, when one makes a crazy quilt, the idea is to use up the odd shaped scraps from your stash. Most do not use a template like with paper piecing. If there is a particular pattern that you are wanting to use, you could try pinning the muslin to the paper and then piecing without transferring the pattern, by looking thrugh the muslin with a strong light to see where to place the fabric. Do it the same as you would if the muslin wasn't there.

I have found that you can trace right on unbleached muslin if you first outline your design in black Sharpie. It is dark enough then that you can see it through the muslin. try it and see if it works for you