Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: QUILT Yo-Yo Pieces, How to connect them

I see these little round pieces of material that people have been making quilts out of.

How are the little yo yo pieces connected together? Can they be connected together by machine sewing or does this need to be done by hand sewing. Are they sewn across the middle of the fabric pieces?

The yo-yo quilts I've seen are connected at the edges with small hand stitches. The edges are butted up against each other and stitched together from the back. I know that the yo-yos are round but, they are connected on four square edges, Do not sew all of the way to the corner, so a diamond shaped part is left open.

I'm working on a yoyo quilt right now, have a long way to go but I did start handsewing them together! It will be beautiful when its done (if I live that long!) It will be a gift for my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylynne
    The yo-yo quilts I've seen are connected at the edges with small hand stitches. The edges are butted up against each other and stitched together from the back. I know that the yo-yos are round but, they are connected on four square edges, Do not sew all of the way to the corner, so a diamond shaped part is left open.
    I was going to start a quilt but was not sure how to connect them. Maybe I will give it a try if it does not work out I will make Christmas decorations out of the yo yos.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggimae
    I'm working on a yoyo quilt right now, have a long way to go but I did start handsewing them together! It will be beautiful when its done (if I live that long!) It will be a gift for my daughter.

Please Post pictures if you can. Would love to see what you have done so far.

You can start with something like a table topper to see if you like it! They are a great take along project while waiting for apointments and such!

Will do! My grandson will have to help me do it! The computer is not always my friend! LOL!

I found a site the other day on how to connect them by machine, let me see if I can find the site again.

That would be great to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggimae
    You can start with something like a table topper to see if you like it! They are a great take along project while waiting for apointments and such!

That is a great idea. to start something small.