Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt as you go >

Quilt as you go

Quilt as you go

Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 AM

I did a king size that way once. Turned out great but still a lot of work. I quilted each block and connected with strips.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:22 AM

Reversible Quilts : Two at a Time by Sharon Pederson
Old 07-23-2014, 04:14 AM

I used Dunster's method for a quilt that went to a little girl at a children's home. I enjoyed it and it used up a lot of scraps our quilt group had. The little girl loved it and sent a thank you to our group. The only pic I have is on my facebook page and I don't know how to get it here.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

I am contemplating QAYG on Edyta Sitar's "seasonal silhouettes". Thanks for the great info
Old 07-23-2014, 07:28 AM

Check out Fun and Done method at Bayside Quilting. Click on the Fun and Done video, you can make a quilt of any size.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:42 AM

eleanor burns has one also, shes with quilt in a day
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

I was going to suggest Georgia Bonesteel, who sort of pioneered QAYG quilting, and I'm sure she has tutorials on it. Sorry, I just scrolled down and Onebyone also mentioned Georgia Bonesteel.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:17 AM

This isn't exactly an answer to you question, but I know there are many ways to QAYG. The one I use, (and I only QAYG) is joining with flashing. I quilt either three or four joined blocks as I go along, then join with flashing. I did one quilt with 12 inch blocks, and I quilted EACH AND EVERY block then joined them with flashings. I won't ever do that again!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:44 AM

This first link starts out confusing but finishes up pretty good as everyone brainstormed together and helped each other visualize.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...o-t232261.html

I like this approach. One does have to go further into the tute, to the attachment of the second row to the third, for a good pic to visualize. Her blocks are bigger than what I usually work, so maybe not as cumbersome. Also, I suspect she left the whole thing unrolled for tute purposes but would roll so only dealing with current row. http://www.candiedfabrics.com/2013/0...ing-as-you-go/
Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
This first link starts out confusing but finishes up pretty good as everyone brainstormed together and helped each other visualize.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...o-t232261.html

I like this approach. One does have to go further into the tute, to the attachment of the second row to the third, for a good pic to visualize. Her blocks are bigger than what I usually work, so maybe not as cumbersome. Also, I suspect she left the whole thing unrolled for tute purposes but would roll so only dealing with current row. http://www.candiedfabrics.com/2013/0...ing-as-you-go/
I saw this one too, I thought I might give it a try. You are right about it being confusing at first but I watched all 4 parts on you tube and it actually made sense by the end of the tutorial..lol

FREE Quilting Newsletter