Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilted Bed Scarves >

Quilted Bed Scarves

Quilted Bed Scarves

Old 09-23-2007, 10:44 AM

Do any of you use the bed scarf on the foot of your beds? Most hotels use them now over neutral comforters. I think these would make nice quilted gifts and could be made so much quicker than a whole quilt. Just like a table runner, really......only wider, I guess

Just throwing out some ideas in case anyone wants to send me a Christmas gift. :wink:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54168.jpe   attachment-54178.jpe  
Old 09-26-2007, 03:23 AM

Those are so pretty. I think that is a great idea! They would make nice gifts and wouldn't take too awful long to make. If you made them in neutral colors they could be used on any bed.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM

Belinda, Yes, I think the neutral scarves would make excellent gifts. The beige one in picture is chenille. They were even using them on the ship on out last cruise. Can you believe they have catalogs where you can order the bedding and bed linens, even lamps, from the hotel chains. I believe those scarves were selling for $170.........Yeah, like I'd give $170 for something I could make from a couple yds of fabric.

I tried to think if they served any useful purpose besides being decorative and the only things I've come up with are: For people who have a habit of sitting on the bed, it would protect the bedspread or comforter and for those of us who throw our suitcases on the bed to load or unload, it would keep those accumulated traveling germs confined to a smaller item that could be washed more easily. On the ships now they're using a vinyl luggage mat on the end of the beds providing a place to unload your bags when you arrive.

I suspect in the hotel industry, it's a way to keep all their bedding uniform and use the scarves to add color.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Or if you lay on top of the bed with your dirty ol' shoes??? In some hotels, if you want to watch television, you do it from the bed.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Yes, Cathe, that's true. I guess our shoes are the nastiest things we wear.....just think about where you walk and all the germs we must pick up.