Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: quilted muslin for back of quilt?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    So really Bev, what you are wanting to do is to use the quilted muslin for your quilt...and put a really "pretty" pieced back on it :lol: And tie it on.

I'm no expert, but I don't see why you couldn't. Its your quilt, do it however you want! :lol:
    yes/no i wanna do a quilt top...... but instead of doing the sandwich, i;ll put the quilted fab in back. bind.tie.boom i'm done

Blog Entries
    I know what you are talking about...it just seemed like you are doing the quilt- in reverse. :lol: :lol:

Banned
    hubby always says i'm azz backwards. i see it done in my mind. i'll do one up and let ya'll see what i'm doing... i made a embroidered quilt on plain muslin and put pooh fabric on back... i'll just be doing the opposite with a quilt top. hey wait i got pics... :wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

pal
    I use the pre-quilted off-white muslin to make appliqued wall hangings, especially seasonal ones - Halloween on one side and Thanksgiving on the other side. These can be done using either the hand sewing method or the heat-n-bond method. If you hand sew, just make sure that you don't go all the way through to the other side. My MIL lives in an apartment, and I like to make her a little door hanging for each of the holidays - her neighbors seem to enjoy them too! I try to always have the pre-quilted on hand. Ya never know when you'll need a quick prezzie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2