Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilted scarf help

Quilted scarf help

A co-worker and quilting friend of mine is going through chemo for colon cancer. She asked that I get our quilting crew together to make her scarf to cover her port and wear during chemo to have a warm hug from us while in treatment. She likes to crazy quilt and asked to make blocks for her to stitch up into the scarf. Any ideas would be helpful am thinking that 4-5 inch blocks would be ideal.

Blog Entries
    How big of an area is required to cover the port area?
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    The only idea I have is to keep it light in weight as anyone who is going thru chemo is very sensitive to any kind of weight. I would not use any kind of foundation to sew the pieces together just sew them to each other like you do in regular piecing. I don't know why patterns call for a foundation, I very seldom use one. Also maybe if you backed it with flannel so it would be soft and feel like a hug. Good luck to you and bless you for doing this for her and good luck to your friend.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan