Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: quilted towel topper

It's really easy to make your own. For this one, on typing paper, I drew a rectangle, cut it out, folded it in half lengthwise, then cut one end into a point. Then, used a small saucer to curve in the sides about half way down (the part that goes over the handle of a drawer or stove) and voila...I had a pattern for towel topper. I appliqued the turkey tracks to match the hot pad.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/4944.page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilt
    Hello,
    My very first post :D
    I'm looking for a towel topper pattern. if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you
    I recently came across an idea I liked. I can't post a picture til tomarrow because my friend has them I don't. I can take a picture tomarrow and post it.
    Anyway it is a Sunbonnet Sue bonnet sewed onto the top of a folded towel for one half of the towel. Then sew lace along the edge of the bonnet and in about and inch or so to give it some dimension.

If you want a pattern I will have to get it from my friend and then I can post it. They are really cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilt
    Hello,
    My very first post :D
    I'm looking for a towel topper pattern. if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you
    I recently came across an idea I liked. I can't post a picture til tomarrow because my friend has them I don't. I can take a picture tomarrow and post it.
    Anyway it is a Sunbonnet Sue bonnet sewed onto the top of a folded towel for one half of the towel. Then sew lace along the edge of the bonnet and in about and inch or so to give it some dimension.

If you want a pattern I will have to get it from my friend and then I can post it. They are really cute!
    That sounds "cute as a button" and am looking forward to the pictures and instructions if that is appropriate. Dixie in Alabama

Thank you all for the great ideas. I'm going to make some this weekend and I will post.
    These are great for the camper
    Have a fab day!
    :wink:

Blog Entries
    I finally got the Sunbonnet Sue towel topper pattern. I started a new post with the pictures.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/19627.page

The pot holder/towel topper is a great idea!!!

Even though this is an old thread, I'm still getting visits to my site from it.
    There is an updated link now, the old one leads you to the blog and then the website.
    Here is the direct link.

http://www.craftygardener.ca/pot-holder-towels/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2