Quilter's Life Saved By Her Fabric Stash!
When Elaine and Harold Petersen bought their home 30 years ago, they had no idea that it could kill them. Located on a quiet Henderson street, it was the row of auto-repair shops behind the house that unknowingly made their house toxic. Last week a city inspector running routine carbon monoxide tests discovered the shocking toxicity levels.
As Inspector Scott explains, "Carbon monoxide is measured in ppm or Parts Per Million. A carbon monoxide detector will sound at 100ppm. After exposure to levels over 400ppm for a few hours, death is nearly certain. The levels recorded behind the Petersen home were reaching 600ppm. It is shocking that they survived."
Even more shocking is that hazmat units found "normal" levels inside the Petersen home. This miraculous feat is attributed to Elaine's love of fabric. "I've been quilting as long as I can remember," she says, "and collecting fabric to support my passion." Her fabric stash - estimated at nearly 300 yards of high-quality quilting cottons - absorbed the excess carbon monoxide in the air.
Professor of Chemistry at the local university, Dr. Michele Gandy researched the inks used on these quilting cottons and discovered that inks used on high-quality quilting cottons are "hyper-oxygenated." When the carbon monoxide molecules came into contact with the inks on the fabric in Elaine's stash, they "picked up" additional oxygen, and were transformed into harmless carbon dioxide.
While conducting her research, Gandy made another discovery. "As fabric is handled and cut, some of the additional oxygen from the ink is released. This creates an oxygen-saturated environment, and explains why many quilters experience euphoria while sewing. It also can give quilters the stamina to quilt late into the night with few negative side effects."
The Petersens will be looking for a new home, and will be bringing Elaine's fabric stash with them. When asked if Harold is complaining about packing up her roomful of fabric for the move, Elaine replied, "This fabric saved our lives. Not only is he happy to take it along, for the first time ever he's not complaining when I want to buy more."
Join Our Mailing List
The entire "article" above was made up by one of our staff members as an April Fool's Day prank. Although we love our fabrics - and the inks they are printed with - we have found no evidence of extra life-saving oxygen in the dyes.
The coupon below is no joke! Use it in the shop or online between now and April 8th for some serious savings!
Did we "get" you!? Click the button below to forward this to all of your quilting friends, and see if you can "catch" them too! : )
Though this message is fictional, the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are real. If you would like to learn more, visit the CDC Website at: http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm
213 N. Stephanie Street
Henderson, Nevada 89074 702-563-8600
CLICK HERE for Printable Coupon
Forward email to a friend
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email@example.com |
Quiltique | 213 N. Stephanie Street | Suite E | Henderson | NV | 89074