Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilter Magazine >

The Quilter Magazine

The Quilter Magazine

Old 11-25-2014, 07:54 PM

Garysgal's link is sad. There are some magazines I don't miss, but I will miss The Quilter and a few of the others mentioned. With the shpe they're in, I doubt there'll even be an electronic option.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
check out this web page. It explains it all. It affects a lot of magazines as well. http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2014/...es-bankruptcy/
Wow, you would think with the cost of Advertising in the magazines as well as the cost of the magazines it self they would have plenty of Money...?? disappointing to loose some of the magazines...
Old 11-26-2014, 08:39 AM

I intensely dislike e-mags. Won't subscribe, only paper for me. The patterns that I am interested in in paper copies get torn out and filed. I have yet to see a pattern in e-mag that appeals. Is it the colors? The feel? I understand saving trees and am all for that but don't take away my magazines. Please.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:34 AM

I am so grateful that in the magazine dept., I am to be considered a hoarder and I part with very few of them. I have mags. that were discontinued years ago and I am so glad I kept them. Just let the grid go down and what have we got?? Nothing.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
I have taken the Quilter Magazine for years. It's one of my favorites. I sure hope they are just behind in production.
In the link provided by Garysgal, The Quilter is listed as one of the mags owned by the company that went bankrupt. The link says they filed for bancruptcy with only $75 in their account. So the magazine is gone and also probably no hope of recovering your subscription balance. Sorry!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
I am so grateful that in the magazine dept., I am to be considered a hoarder and I part with very few of them. I have mags. that were discontinued years ago and I am so glad I kept them. Just let the grid go down and what have we got?? Nothing.
Nothing but our minds, imaginations and our very talented hands... like all the women who have quilted through the centuries! And don't forget our TREADLES!!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Well that explains why mine is missing and why I can't find Quilt and Sew it today and Paint Works. Will miss them all.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

It's too bad that magazines have to file for bankruptcy, but in this current economy, people are more discretionary in their extra expenditures. A couple magazines that I used to subscribe to went to digital only and since I was not happy about that, I didn't renew my magazine. I know I'm old school, however, I like to hold a quilt magazine in my hands when reading and also when working on projects from a digital magazine, I can't carry the computer into my sewing room. The computer can do a lot for quilters, but I don't believe digital magazines was the way to go.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
I had that problem with Fons and Porter. I had downloaded one issue to see if I liked the digital version and decided that I really really did NOT!! But I stopped getting the paper version after that. Took two emails and a phone call before they straightened it out and I still missed one issue completely. They did extend my subscription--which I am not going to bother renewing when it runs out.
exact same thing for me and exactly my feelings--I much prefer Quiltmaker and Machine Quilter and a couple of others. None of my others have "canceled" my paper version when I looked at the on-line version either.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:12 PM

It makes me hesitate to order a subscription to any of the quilting magazines. I'm afraid they will go under too. So far I only lost one issue of Sew It today and I did take an electronic subscription to a crochet magazine but I think I will just keep buying quilt magazines at the store if I see one I like.