Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilter Magazine >

The Quilter Magazine

The Quilter Magazine

Old 11-27-2014, 03:52 AM

I can almost understand why these magazines go out of business. They charge way too much money for a copy. What you pay for a copy of a magazine, you can often buy a book which is bound better and on better paper. Not that I'm still not lured into picking up a copy here or there. I don't have it handy but I bought a magazine a month or two ago because of a project I liked. It was $14.99 for the magazine. I get home and read it and it refers you to their website for the pattern and instructions. So no big deal, I go to the website only to find that the pattern isn't listed there. I write, and write. I never got a response nor did the pattern ever appear so I never made the project.

I just recently bought a copy of Fresh Quilts. I think it was only $9.99 which I felt was a bargain compared to the $14.99. I bought it for one pattern which I am working on but I don't really follow patterns but I still read it. However online I was looking to see if I could find any pictures of what others have made and I found the pattern on their website where I could just but that pattern for only $1.99. Next time I won't buy the magazine, I'll just go to their site and buy the instructions I want and save $8.00. I tried looking for it now to link it and now I can't find it. Maybe they took it down or maybe it is too early for me to be searching.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:48 AM

thanks for the info...