Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Challenge ! * to use up your Fabrics in Stash for Projects!   Enjoy! >

Quilters Challenge ! * to use up your Fabrics in Stash for Projects! Enjoy!

Quilters Challenge ! * to use up your Fabrics in Stash for Projects! Enjoy!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Google Goddess

Since the economy is so bad right now (hubby has been unemployed since July 2009)

I challenge All Quilters to use up your fabrics in your stash to make your cool quilts, projects etc.

This would be a great way to make things for gifts, birthday, anniversaries, Christmas etc.

Also to make quilts for kids and charities!

This way you will find out what fabrics you have (that you forgot about) and also will be able to start buying new fabrics later on!

Who is in?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM

That's what I'm trying to do. Right now I have two or three quilts planned from my stash. In fact, I started working on one tonight. Another one I need to find time to cut. And the last one I need to find just one more fabric for the pattern. A couple of others are still in the planning stages but they're on the list.

Almost forgot. I guess I have four on my list. I also plan on doing my avatar quilt and I have all the fabric for that one.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm trying to... I still have to buy fabric here and there but for the most part I hit my stash :)
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 PM

I'm trying but since I've only been quilting for about a year I don't have much stash built up.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:34 PM

The quilt I am making at the moment is from fabric I received a while ago when I renewed a magazine subscription. The centre of the blocks is from my stash as will be the borders and the backing.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 PM

I mostly use from my stash too unless I need something or see something I just have to have
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 PM

I'm in. I've been on medical leave for a long time and buying new fabrics is not in question...I've been working from my stash.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Google Goddess

I am working on some scrappy quilts with my fabrics. I have made a disappearing 9 patch from fat quarters. Also working on paper piecing for scrappy quilt.

Also I have some John Deere fabric so been making some placemats, potholders and coasters to match. Will also work on a John Deere quilt.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:00 AM

That is a terrific idea, in fact since I have cleaned up my fabric and folded them I can now see what and how much I have (which is way more then I thought) I have already cut out a quilt that used 27 fabrics and they all came from my stash. I will post photos once get some more blocks made.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 AM

I have been trying to use my stash for a few months now. I sometimes have to purchase 1 fabric to work in. But I have an ulterior motive. I will be driving my DD to college in Ohio in August. I plan to spend a week seeing the sights in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Since DH is not coming along, I plan to include lots of quilt shops in my sightseeing! My trunk will be empty since I will have already dropped DD off, so I plan to replenish my stash on that trip. Anyone want to join me?