Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilters Felt - When would you use this?

Blog Entries
    I was in the fabric store and there was a huge clearance sale on quilters felt 1.50 a yard. It was white and specs of red and green. To me it looked like batting. Does anyone use this and for what. I decided not to buy any since I had no clue...I have tried to google so far nothing that tells me what you would do with it...figured you guys would know more.

Blog Entries
    Is this the type they use for Penny Rugs? :D:D:D

i have seen some darling little mini wall hangings, and table mats, and pin cushions made from felt. Have not made any yet tho.

folk art type of wall hangings, or other pieces, usually stitched by hand with floss or something you can see. that particular variety was probably a christmas fabric, that's why it wasn't very expensive, clearance.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I bought some wool felt at Joann's from a tip on the board to make poinsettia ornaments. I can't figure out how to post links from the board :( If someone could tell me I could show you! :D

Found it !!!

http://lilfishstudios.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

I thought they would make great ornaments too.

Blog Entries
    I saw some flowers made out of felt at the store for 3.99 each. I came home and made them for 25 cents a piece. I started out with the cap off a gallon milk jug. cut it round,then took little nicks out here and there around (remember this is suppose to look like a flower.) then used it for a pattern for the next one. Lay it on a slightly bigger piece and again do the nick here nick there. Each last piece is the pattern for the next one. When you have 8 graduating layers you will have a stack with the smallest on top and the largest on the bottom. Think my bottom is about three inches or less. Get a beading needle and go up from the bottom to the top add a bead and back down thru the bottom. do this with 8-9 beads depending on the size of bead. Big bead-fewer--- small beads do more. I sew these onto headbands (cloth and Narrow) from the Dollar store. Place the flower a little to the side sort of at a cocky angle and stitch underneath. Teens LOVE them as they are one of a kind. I have done stars the same way as well as hearts. Feathers with jeweled centers come next.

Blog Entries
    Those are really cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I bought some wool felt at Joann's from a tip on the board to make poinsettia ornaments. I can't figure out how to post links from the board :( If someone could tell me I could show you! :D

Found it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Found it !!!

How adorable - bet you could do them with other flowers