Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilter's Greeting Cards

you can find the blank ones in the scapebooking area in most stores. i found some at office max and the last ones at wal mart. here is a fun site that you can use to do your own that comes with printed frames. it is free. it is on printablepaper.com go to the bottom for there download i unclicked the two checks cause i don't want that and just follow the derections. they also have some templates of different forms on the printable site for example the door hangers are fun

Wow would you let me use them too? It sounds like they will be really neat?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12cats
    you can find the blank ones in the scapebooking area in most stores. i found some at office max and the last ones at wal mart. here is a fun site that you can use to do your own that comes with printed frames. it is free. it is on printablepaper.com go to the bottom for there download i unclicked the two checks cause i don't want that and just follow the derections. they also have some templates of different forms on the printable site for example the door hangers are fun
    Thanks for this site!

I don't know where to find them, sometimes not so well known card & gift shops carry out of the ordinary stuff

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwoo.../templates.htm

has some more cards and things
    if anyone wants here are more projects that are fun. i like to decopage fabic sdraps on the little boxes for little gifts like scarfs, my kids favorite money. some small ones can be used for xmas ornaments with the person name on it and candy or treats in it for them. .the sewing room manaquin card is fun for sewing friends and can be embellishedwith buttons or scissors, ect
    here is a site i love for buttons and embellisments look under the sewing room theme for thimbles, thread button,scissors, ect.

www.shellysbuttonsandmore.com

shipping i don't think is bad concidering the prices out in town for a couple of buttons. for six packages it run anout 4.75

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnsim
    I'm lucky enough to live about 2 hours away from Houston. So, I attend the International Quilt Festival every year. Several booths have the neatest cards; but they are pricey like said. I also make my own cards with fabric. guess I need to print out some of my quilty graphics on cardstock.
    I did not see them there either last year. I think this is turning into a good topic. I hope someone here decides to sell them here if they can without losing money. I know I would buy them.
    I rec'd one today from Lisa in Ok who is on this board that she made. Awesome. Don't know if she saw this or just sent me one. LOL. Thanks Quilt-fanatic.♥♥
    Didn't you love the 'see thru' envelope? That way the post office gets to see the card also! I called the store to see if they had any Betty Booper stamps - no because it is licensed.

beautiful cards! never seen them here either

i've seen them at quilt shows and gift stores in 'colonial' type villages and other historic landmark places, such as historic cape may. i have a box that i never used. i guess i should.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnsim
    I'm lucky enough to live about 2 hours away from Houston. So, I attend the International Quilt Festival every year. Several booths have the neatest cards; but they are pricey like said. I also make my own cards with fabric. guess I need to print out some of my quilty graphics on cardstock.
    I did not see them there either last year. I think this is turning into a good topic. I hope someone here decides to sell them here if they can without losing money. I know I would buy them.
    I rec'd one today from Lisa in Ok who is on this board that she made. Awesome. Don't know if she saw this or just sent me one. LOL. Thanks Quilt-fanatic.♥♥
    Didn't you love the 'see thru' envelope? That way the post office gets to see the card also! I called the store to see if they had any Betty Booper stamps - no because it is licensed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Lisa - I did love the see thru envelope. Was wondering how the USPS let it go thru but the markings did show up a little. SO cute.
    I agree with someone here...looks like a chance for a new business or selling them here since it is not something we can come by easily.

I love all the sites and suggestions. WE have some multi talented quilters on the QB. Thanks fo sharing, everyone. I hope we get more ideas too. TOnight I plan to read thru this post and write down everything to keep the ideas. Today I go to Walmart to make pictures from my quilt cd's and put them on the front of cards,. Loved that idea. ♥♥

I like that idea, about using photo's of our own quilts....neat idea. Maybe for Christmas cards....I don't send out too many cards anymore, except sympathy and get wells.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast